ESPN Source: "He (Pitino) is Gone." | The Boneyard

ESPN Source: "He (Pitino) is Gone."

Reaction Score
Stan Verrett (ESPN SportsCenter host) just quoted an ESPN source on the ground in Louisville as he was doing a segment on all of this with Rece Davis saying that Pitino has indeed been fired. Will be made official at 1 p.m. press conference.

In addition, neither Pitino nor AD Jurich will be at the press conference, according to sources. So, almost assured that Jurich is gone, as well.

Reaction Score
This is discussed in the 6 other Lville threads..................

Reaction Score
This is discussed in the 6 other Lville threads...

No offense Jerry... but Stan Verrett just said it as I was sitting here watching it less than 5 minutes ago. So, it is quite impossible that this exact fact is in half a dozen other threads.

I thought about posting it in one of the other threads... but since this is actual confirmation from one of the big boys, I figured it deserved its own thread. Do with it what you may, but this is a step further than just speculation.

... and of course I see people are posting it in other threads as I put this one together. All good with me.

By the way, according to the news scroll at the bottom of the ESPN page, the ESPN source is Michael Eaves, for anyone keeping score.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's not even a question he's gone. They're marinating in their own filth at this point.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
It's not even a question he's gone. They're marinating in their own filth at this point.
Apparantly AD Jurich refused to fire him so they both got canned.

Reaction Score
No offense Jerry... but Stan Verrett just said it as I was sitting here watching it less than 5 minutes ago. So, it is quite impossible that this exact fact is in half a dozen other threads.

I thought about posting it in one of the other threads... but since this is actual confirmation, I figured it deserved its own thread. Do with it what you may, but this is a step further than just speculation.
Your boy Stan Verrett is an hour behind every Lville media member who confirmed this earlier today, but glad Stan confirmed it for you.

Reaction Score
So was Warde the smart one heading to the Caribbean while Jurich likely greased the skids to the ACC? Is this more egregious than what SMU did?
The Yum center, greasing the ACC, keeping pitino and Petrino, now this. Not a great impression.

I hope the ACC banner is prominently placed during the presser.

Reaction Score

I thought about posting it in one of the other threads... but since this is actual confirmation, I figured it deserved its own thread. Do with it what you may, but this is a step further than just speculation.
This seems very similar to all the other sources...I believe the actual confirmation will come at the press conference. ;)

Reaction Score
Your boy Stan Verrett is an hour behind every Lville media member who confirmed this earlier today, but glad Stan confirmed it for you.

Mea culpa - so sorry I am not "in the know" as fast as you Jerry. I actually have to work, so I was not quite as on top of every post on every other thread as you. But thanks for being the board police...

Reaction Score
Pitino will sue for the 44 million dollar balance of his contract, and may win!

Reaction Score
Mea culpa - so sorry I am not "in the know" as fast as you Jerry. I actually have to work, so I was not quite as on top of every post on every other thread as you. But thanks for being the board police...
Watching sportscenter in the middle of the day, what you work at a bar?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Pitino will sue for the 44 million dollar balance of his contract, and may win!

We would have to see the contract. If he gets convicted or cops a plea it may trigger an out clause in the contract.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom