ESPN: Seattle Storm star Breanna Stewart says she felt 'comfortable' in rookie WNBA season | The Boneyard

ESPN: Seattle Storm star Breanna Stewart says she felt 'comfortable' in rookie WNBA season

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart calls first year in WNBA 'great'

"When you think of going to the WNBA and going to the professional level in general, it's a different type of competition," Stewart said in an interview. "People are fighting for their livelihood and their jobs. You're not going to agree or like everyone on the basketball court, but once you step off the court, the Storm, my teammates, we had a great time. I know every team isn't like that, but in my rookie season, I felt like everyone had open arms."

Stewart was arguably a bigger star than Wiggins was upon entering the WNBA. She was the No. 1 pick in the 2016 draft, coming off four consecutive years of winning the NCAA tournament with the Huskies. Stewart, too, could have been seen by WNBA veterans as a youngster who needed to be knocked down a peg.

"Candice made claims of bullying. If that's her story, that's her story. If that's what happened to you, I'm sorry that happened," Stewart said. "I've never heard that it was an environment where you didn't feel safe and you didn't feel comfortable. If anything, it's an environment where you should feel comfortable. It's a place where nothing matters -- race, sexuality -- except whether you have game."​

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom