ESPN really pumping up Fall vs Zion in Rd 32 matchup | The Boneyard

ESPN really pumping up Fall vs Zion in Rd 32 matchup

Reaction Score
I have to admit I'm intrigued by the match-up. Would like to see Fall and UCF take Duke down.
My head says Zion is just too quick and strong.

Gotta pull for AAC. And you gotta pull for anyone going against Duke.

Reaction Score
I can actually see UCF winning if their offense is there. Duke is not a good 3pt shooting team. I think UCF can make enough stops down low to keep it close

Reaction Score
I think UCF might have a better chance to win this game with Fall on the bench. I think they’ll probably match up Griffin with Zion. No way Tacko can defend him.
Tacko is too slow to defend Zion. It will be interesting to see Zion and the rest of Dukr facing that size under the basket. What's the over under on foul trouble for Tacko against 'Duke'?

Reaction Score
The obvious strategy is to go zone and make Duke win from outside. Fall won't be matching up with anyone besides the restricted area.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Tacko gets 2 fouls in the first two minutes. Sits on the bench for 16 mins. Gets his third foul before the half. Duke by 16.

But im rootin for Tacko.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I think UCF might have a better chance to win this game with Fall on the bench. I think they’ll probably match up Griffin with Zion. No way Tacko can defend him.
Tacko couldn't defend me and I suck at hoops.

caw

Reaction Score
The obvious strategy is to go zone and make Duke win from outside. Fall won't be matching up with anyone besides the restricted area.

Yeah that’s pretty much UCFs only chance, Cuse beat Duke once and all that with an equally stiff big in Chukwu.

Reaction Score
I guess we will find out if he is a hard or a soft Tacko...

If Duke can get into transition, they will have an advantage over the half court game.

The Blue Devil vulnerability is their 3 point shooting accuracy vs the 20 or so shots that UCF will take (at 36%).

Maybe the dookies will try to draw Tacko out to defend and have Zion drive past him...with Tacko and that 6'11 guy they play next to him, the plays to the board should be interesting.

The fouls, or lack of, called on Tacko will be crucial.

I like the game to be close first half...but then Duke goes into the paint...draws fouls. And opens a lead.

Reaction Score
I don't see UCF being in this game past the 10 minute mark. Zion will abuse Tacko ... during the 8 minutes or so that Tacko actually plays before foul trouble sends him packing.

Reaction Score
I have to admit I'm intrigued by the match-up. Would like to see Fall and UCF take Duke down.
My head says Zion is just too quick and strong.

Gotta pull for AAC. And you gotta pull for anyone going against Duke.

I can't find Rd 32 anywhere on any bracket. What round is that?

Reaction Score
What is wrong with you people? Duke is going to absolutely scorch UCF.

Taco would have done better to not mention Zion at all. Zion is going to posterize the crap out of him.
Seriously. What have people watched all year? I was about to post that Duke is going to beat the breaks off of UCF.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I strongly disagree. The best chance you have to to beat Duke is to pack the paint and to force them to hit 3s. You need to take away the high percentage looks they get in the paint. I think Fall needs to play more minutes. UCF should play zone to keep him on the floor and Duke out of the paint.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Duke can’t shoot from outside and Tacko protects the rim without foul trouble, then it can be a game.

UCF is going to have to shoot lights out tho.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What is wrong with you people? Duke is going to absolutely scorch UCF.

Taco would have done better to not mention Zion at all. Zion is going to posterize the crap out of him.

Whelp, I'm looking like an idiot. I think the refs will help push Duke over the line if necessary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom