ESPN: Ranking top 25 women's basketball players of 21st century | The Boneyard

ESPN: Ranking top 25 women's basketball players of 21st century

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
GenoFour UConn players in the top 10, five in the top 25. That is one heck of a legacy.
College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
My first impression is that regardless of the full list of accomplishments they included, this is based mostly off of WNBA careers.
Especially considering Swoopes and Leslie played college ball in the 90s and Jackson and Taylor are both Aussies. It’s nice to see these players mentioned as it’s easy to forget how good they were in their prime.

Sue should be higher than for sure.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but how is Stewie not 4? How is Wilson above her? I seriously don't get this.
How about moving Fowles ahead of them both? Considering her resume is just as good and sometimes better (4 gold medals) along with WNBA records yet to be broken, that would quell the Stewart vs Wilson debate for the time being in my opinion.

CL82

Reaction Score
Especially considering Swoopes and Leslie played college ball in the 90s and Jackson and Taylor are both Aussies. It’s nice to see these players mentioned as it’s easy to forget how good they were in their prime.

Sue should be higher than for sure.
Who would you bump?

CL82

Reaction Score
Well it looks as though WNBA/Olympics were a heavy consideration I would put Sue 2nd for her longevity and overall success in those areas plus ending her college career in 2002 as a AA and NC.
I can see that argument. I had the same reaction that you did, that Sue was too low but everyone else seemed deserving as well.

Reaction Score
I can see that argument. I had the same reaction that you did, that Sue was too low but everyone else seemed deserving as well.
I've posted before my all time fav players are Sue, Maya and Catch. All three were the personification of greatness combined with pure class on the floor and extremely well spoken off of it. Maya chose not to play as long as the others but no one can deny how good she was. Catch never took off a single play and could impact the game in so many different ways at all positions on the floor. Sue was a phenominal passer, scorer when she needed to be, leader and all around ambassador of the game. Her longevity over Maya and Catch would put her above those two in my mind.

Who can argue though about Parker, Swoopes, Leslie, Jackson, Aja, and Stewie? These lists are always fun because they really just let us reflect, remember, and argue among ourselves as to where everyone should be ranked.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would put A'ja's pro career even with Stewie's (though A'ja may be the better player this season), but Stewie's college career far exceeds A'ja's. Thus, I would move Stewie ahead of A'ja overall.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Add 4 more years--or 10 more years--for Maya, and she would be #1 or #2.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Point guards tend to get less credit in lists like this and in things like MVP voting. If you look at how she helped her team over 20+ years, Sue could move up 5 slots or more. She is the most decorated player ever in FIBA competition.

Reaction Score
Pretty solid list. I would move Ogwumike up a spot or two and move BG up a few spots. But overall a pretty solid list.

Reaction Score
why do they continue to stretch out the time line i wonder lol..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom