ESPN Radio Interview With Calhoun | The Boneyard

ESPN Radio Interview With Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very interesting what he had to say about the NCAA. The "Catholic 7" will become obsolete if he is correct.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Good interview by coach. Tough to see the Big East go away as it is. I do think he is right when he states there will be no NCAA in the future as we know it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is a must listen. You have to get by the gushing about GT-Syr in the beginning (appropriate enough but annoying to me just now) and get to the Calhoun interview, but from that point forward this is great stuff.

Reaction Score
I'm sure everyone fighting for UConn is doing the best they could. But I'll tell you what, give me a warrior like JC and someone like him who has an emotional attachment to UConn in a foxhole fighting for UConn. I heard more clarity (even with the often unintelligible accent) of what UConn has to offer and heard more logical salesmanship in a two minute segment than in an entire year's worth of statements and interviews from manuel.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm sure everyone fighting for UConn is doing the best they could. But I'll tell you what, give me a warrior like JC and someone like him who has an emotional attachment to UConn in a foxhole fighting for UConn. I heard more clarity (even with the often unintelligible accent) of what UConn has to offer and heard more logical salesmanship in a two minute segment than in an entire year's worth of statements and interviews from manuel.
Well, then take some comfort in knowing that JC still has a significant role in the athletic department. It seems you put a lot of emphasis on interpretation of public statements from WM and SH, I would be inclined to think they know very well what JC said out in the open. While JC has the latitude to say "I think the catholic schools are going to split" like he did a couple years ago, and now he has the latitude to say "I think UConn will be in a different league in a couple years" like he did recently (not verbatim quotes but that's the gist), Herbst and Manuel as representatives of a school that is still a member of the Aresco league do not have that latitude, at least until we are in the final stages - as in "done deal" - of joining another conference. But just in case they hypothetically are missing something, JC can pick up the phone any time and give them his perspective, and he's not going to be shy about that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom