ESPN Projecting the American | The Boneyard

ESPN Projecting the American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Posted this morning (http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...letic-conference-standings-college-basketball)

Here's the UConn blurb:
Strictly speaking, Connecticut (7-5, 0-1) is currently tied for last place in the American, having lost at home in overtime to Temple in the Huskies' only conference game to date. Meaning I'm projecting a worst-to-first comeback here -- what a story that will be. Meantime, mark me down as bullish on the prospects for a scoring nucleus comprised of Ryan Boatright and various players to be named later (Rodney Purvis, Daniel Hamilton, Omar Calhoun et al). And on D, I trust Amida Brimah will get the job done. A second consecutive national championship for Kevin Ollie looks like a reach, but this bunch can at least give the program its first American title.

1. UConn
2. SMU
3. Cincy
4. Temple
5. Memphis
6. Tulsa
7. Tulane
8. USF
9. Houston
10. UCF
11. ECU

Reaction Score
This Memphis team is terrible, I feel like 5th would be a real accomplishment for them

Reaction Score
You mean the Tulane team that got waxed by the Johnnies? The whole conference sucks except for us and at this point, we're just average among the P5 teams. Trending upward for sure but got a ways to go to get into the tourney let alone survive the first weekend if we get there.

Reaction Score
Okay, Cincy and Temple are also average.
SMU too. Just played Cincy tough and finally has a full roster. With a little luck the AAC can get Uconn, SMU, Temple and Cincy into the dance. Most likely just 2 of those though.

Reaction Score
Where we are is 1 game into the conference season.
But last place. Its okay, if we have beaten Temple we would be in 1st place, with one game played. No big deal, its the 'very early' truth.

Reaction Score
Dana O'Neil of ESPN also thinks UConn will win the AAC.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/page/fourcorners150105/sizing-conference-races

1. American

Pick: Connecticut. The Huskies haven't looked great, but neither has anyone else (1-9 against top 25). As long as Ryan Boatright is in the lineup, UConn will remain the toughest out.

Disappointment: SMU. Remember how excited everyone was about Larry Brown's team? Well, the Mustangs' best win right now is Michigan.

Sleeper: Temple. With their roster complete -- transfers Jesse Morgan (UMass) and Devin Coleman (Clemson) missed the first semester -- the Owls' upset of Kansas could be the start of something.

Reaction Score
Where we are is 1 game into the conference season.

He didn't say we would finish in last place, he's just sad that we are in last place.

Reaction Score
He didn't say we would finish in last place, he's just sad that we are in last place.
Yeah, I know. You have to be a total moron to actually feel sad about conference standings after 1 game.

Reaction Score
Bilas thinks we can turn it around...

upload_2015-1-6_13-53-7.png

pj

Reaction Score
Don't know he would put Florida ahead of us after we just beat them at their place.

Reaction Score
that bilas goodman discussion was from prior to saturday

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
what's the big deal?
UConn was in the same position after conference game 1 last year

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Posted this morning (http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...letic-conference-standings-college-basketball)

Here's the UConn blurb:
Strictly speaking, Connecticut (7-5, 0-1) is currently tied for last place in the American, having lost at home in overtime to Temple in the Huskies' only conference game to date. Meaning I'm projecting a worst-to-first comeback here -- what a story that will be. Meantime, mark me down as bullish on the prospects for a scoring nucleus comprised of Ryan Boatright and various players to be named later (Rodney Purvis, Daniel Hamilton, Omar Calhoun et al). And on D, I trust Amida Brimah will get the job done. A second consecutive national championship for Kevin Ollie looks like a reach, but this bunch can at least give the program its first American title.

1. UConn
2. SMU
3. Cincy
4. Temple
5. Memphis
6. Tulsa
7. Tulane
8. USF
9. Houston
10. UCF
11. ECU

My prediction, as of right now: