ESPN Poll - Are You Rooting Against UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Poll - Are You Rooting Against UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is there any reason I should take seriously the opinion of someone who comes in here throwing around the "fair and balanced" Rebkell term "Ucon"?

Reaction Score
Is there any reason I should take seriously the opinion of someone who comes in here throwing around the "fair and balanced" Rebkell term "Ucon"?
Is there any reason why I should care if someone gives any credence to my posts based entirely upon whether I remembered to put two N's on the end of an abbreviation rather than only one.

Look I used to abbreviate it with one N all the time. Then someone explained to me that it was often used by certain schools as an insult. Implying Con ans in convict. After that just to make sure I didn't create the impression that it was meant in that vain I would always make sure to use two N's. Well it's been quite a while since I posted and it was early in the morning here so I regressed.

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The Big Ten should take note of the NY-UCONN connection.
Ice- that is a fascinating and really earth shattering thought and comment! Wow! And the ACC. You know - with Syracuse gone and St Johns decline- that may have opened us up to become NY's / New England's team! Fascinating thought!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I have spoken to a lot of Tenn fans, a lot of SEC fans and a lot of fans from all parts of the country. I am shocked by the following observations:
A lot of Tenn fans respect Geno and what he does every yr, even if some of those don't like him from the Pat years. Many of these Tenn fans love Holly but realize she is not Pat or Geno. Most want Mathew Mitchell back from KY!
A lot of SEC fans rooting for our men over Florida!
Met a lot of UConn fans from all over the country, that have no Ct direct connection. They just love the way we play basketball and our accomplishments. Kind of Like the Dallas Cowboys!
There are still many real hater's of Geno as well. It was really interesting!

Reaction Score
We're the Yankees and Cowboys (when they were good) of woman's div I basketball. Since it went to 64 teams in 1994 Connecticut has been in 14 of 21 Final Fours, 19 Elite Eights and all 21 Sweet Sixteens. We're the Duke/Kentucky/NC of women's basketball. Loved in their own state and despised by everyone else because they seem to be always there.

So no surprise there. If you are on the outside, you hate "Dynasties".

True...but now that it's UConn and Notre Dame, it would be interesting to see how it is seen.

ND has many dedicated fans, but also has many 'anyone but ND' types ... in other sports as well.

Reaction Score
My biggest fear is that once again Tuesday's game is hyped as the game of the century and the first half ends up like the Championship game against Stanford in 2010 with both teams not able to hit the broad side of a battleship. Of course if it ends the same way then the poor shooting during the first half is immaterial.

Reaction Score
I think UConn getting 40% is pretty good considering a lot of people want a new champion. When I was at the Denver Final Four two years ago I came across two Tennessee "fans" wearing "ABC" T-shirts - Anyone But UConn. I told them that was pretty poor sportsmanship. No comment from them.
I remember first seeing the ABC shirts at the FF in San Antonio...they were everywhere...then Renee Montgomery made and sold her own version of it, No 1 but Connecticut...she was shipping them overnight and even delivering them in SA...I think they outnumbered the ABC shirts...it was all in fun. I would have a few choice words for someone if they came up to me and told me what I was wearing was showing pretty poor sportsmanship. It's not like ABC was a personal attack or something really nasty. No big deal in my book.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What's interesting is in CT, 92% for UConn. In Indiana it's only 55% for ND.
That is the 'expected to win' poll - the rooting for pool is much more balanced nationwide and clearly ND in the midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom