ESPN on UConn's entry into AP poll(includes 3:30min video) | The Boneyard

ESPN on UConn's entry into AP poll(includes 3:30min video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The article is on the front page of the ESPN.com web site with the title "UConn into Top 25 after 10-month absence". I guess if ESPN is putting article titles like that on the front page it means UConn is still relevant in the college basketball world. :)

All kidding aside, as someone mentioned it would really help the immediate future if the Huskies have a very good season to make the Ollie transition smoother. They can't go to the post season but a good regular season helps Ollie get the gig longer term, which in turn helps recruiting and keeping a positive momentum going.

Reaction Score
It's probably me but this article kind of pissed me off.

It's like the author is pissed others saw us as a top 25 team. He should have changed the title to "UCONN cracks top 25.....but they are really not that good folks.".

Reaction Score
The article is on the front page of the ESPN.com web site with the title "UConn into Top 25 after 10-month absence". I guess if ESPN is putting article titles like that on the front page it means UConn is still relevant in the college basketball world. :)

You jest, but I don't think the importance of this can be understated. My first thought was "holy , we're still relevant!"

U

UCONNfan1

I didn't get that vibe from it. And there was an interview with the writer as well.

Reaction Score
So how does this ranking bs work. UConn beats MS, and MS remains more highly ranked???

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
u guys need to stop looking at things from espn with bball glasses on. we are in contract hell right now. everything is going to lean towards devalue of uconn athletics until things are sorted out or uconn goes elsewhere. its that simple. the 10 months thing is such a crock is silly. think back to the last poll. so uconn is on 10 months while unc is at 8. ok i get it now....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dave Borges, who covers the Huskies for the New Haven Register, said he needs to see a greater body of work before putting Connecticut in his Top 25.

Um, can't the same be said for every other team Dave? Tell you what, why don't you hold off until January or so before you vote for anyone. That will give you some more info to work with.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
u guys need to stop looking at things from espn with bball glasses on. we are in contract hell right now. everything is going to lean towards devalue of uconn athletics until things are sorted out or uconn goes elsewhere. its that simple. the 10 months thing is such a crock is silly. think back to the last poll. so uconn is on 10 months while unc is at 8. ok i get it now....
I was thinking just the opposite. First really good overtime press for UConn in a while. Might mean ESPN is in negotiations at least for some of the BE product.

Reaction Score
Dave Borges, who covers the Huskies for the New Haven Register, said he needs to see a greater body of work before putting Connecticut in his Top 25.

Um, can't the same be said for every other team Dave? Tell you what, why don't you hold off until January or so before you vote for anyone. That will give you some more info to work with.

Amen, let's see your Top 25, Dave. Do you have an entirely new Kentucky team in the top 5 based on holding off a crappy ACC team? Probably you do, Dave. Is Michigan State still in your Top 25? Probably it is, Dave. Weak...weak...weak.

Reaction Score
Who cares about Dave Borges? He's taken a backseat to Kevin Duffy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom