ESPN on Evina Westbrook fantasy draft: Who proofreads this stuff? | The Boneyard

ESPN on Evina Westbrook fantasy draft: Who proofreads this stuff?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Great to see some praise for Westbrook from the folks at ESPN, but I mean, really? Really?!

Screenshot_20220426-011322_Brave.jpg

Reaction Score
What's interesting to me is that she is even mentioned as a sleeper before she gets a playing contract.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
The adage in the newsroom is that "journalists need good judgment but editors need good taste." Alas, that's a bit lofty when the folks on the desk do more to hurt than help the writer.

Once, I referred to someone as "without affectation." It was changed to "without affection." Another time, during a lengthy profile of the Caesars Palace CEO, I referred to the Caesars shopping plaza as "tony." It was changed to "tiny." You're embarrassed and you apologize but other than showing the subjects your computer, there's not much more you can do.

You don't want to ever get on the wrong side of your copy editors. There are warnings--hopefully unfounded--about using the word "count" for fear that a vengeful copy editor will drop a vowel. Treacherous territory, indeed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom