ESPN omg | The Boneyard

ESPN omg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In thier defense USF is not putting up much of a fight so I could understand why most of the commentary has been about who could possibly beat UCONN in the tournament. Disrespectful of USF but understandable.

Reaction Score
What killed me was the poor direction, wide angle shots split screened with BS graphics, closeups missing the ball, and logo graphics covering over the action all together. It was very poor TV.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I guess I missed that. Would you mind explaining?

Reaction Score
At one point they split screened the game so we could watch a Coach Fernandez instructional video. Last night was pretty ridiculous especially going minutes at a time talking about the SEC teams while completely ignoring the game.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Clearly everyone is as disturbed as I, concerning the lack of game announcing. Then, the commercial breaks showed a mind numbing, repetitive, lack of variety commercials. It is obvious that the sponsors are few and the commercials are scarce. So, is there any wonder why ESPN is having such financial difficulty? Unfortunately they have done nothing and continue to do nothing to recover.

Reaction Score
Uconn games are tough to call. By the end of the 1st qtr, in most games, there is little doubt about the outcome of the game.
However, people are still competing and the action on the floor should be described. The KLS play where her arm was nearly yanked out doesn't even get a comment???
I find the endless praise of the ACC, Big 10 to be 'off putting". USF actually beat the Big 10 Champ Ohio St last week so they were more than a worthy opponent last night.

Reaction Score
I tolerated the announcers last night but was disappointed that so much of the game action went on without discussion. They put in some of the Senior Day festivities for Gabby and Kia which was nice. With the "complaints" from others that we see about how UConn is ESPN's "favorite" and UConn's personal advertising service there by giving UConn an "unfair advantage" in so many things (awards, rankings, etc)... I found the game coverage less than desirable, but the coverage on ESPN.com's NCAAW page of UConn's conference championship and undefeated regular season is more lacking... Lots of coverage of MSST's SEC regular season championship and undefeated regular season... JUST SAYIN'

Reaction Score
I tolerated the announcers last night but was disappointed that so much of the game action went on without discussion. They put in some of the Senior Day festivities for Gabby and Kia which was nice. With the "complaints" from others that we see about how UConn is ESPN's "favorite" and UConn's personal advertising service there by giving UConn an "unfair advantage" in so many things (awards, rankings, etc)... I found the game coverage less than desirable, but the coverage on ESPN.com's NCAAW page of UConn's conference championship and undefeated regular season is more lacking... Lots of coverage of MSST's SEC regular season championship and undefeated regular season... JUST SAYIN'
It seems ESPN needs to pump their other main properties like the SEC Network, so that may play a role in their blatant favoritism. Conferences that have won more national titles than the SEC in the past ten years: AAC and Big East.

Reaction Score
Uconn games are tough to call. By the end of the 1st qtr, in most games, there is little doubt about the outcome of the game.
However, people are still competing and the action on the floor should be described. The KLS play where her arm was nearly yanked out doesn't even get a comment???
I find the endless praise of the ACC, Big 10 to be 'off putting". USF actually beat the Big 10 Champ Ohio St last week so they were more than a worthy opponent last night.
Why would you praise ACC? I watched them all year and the quality of play was very bad as a whole. Overrated.

Reaction Score
It’s very sad you have a 2nd place team that can only manage to come within 29 points . Nothing you can do about but accept it but I don’t know how UConn fans deal with it year after year. It’s not fun basketball and HORRIBLE TV especially for the casual viewer. The fact the UConn players do what they do is a testament to them. I like that the players never have a “I’m better than you” attitude. That would make it worse. Really like the character of your players.
I turned the game off after 8 minutes into the 1st quarter. I want to see competition and a good game like PAC 12. Other conferences are similar to AAC unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At one point in the game BM asked DA how she thinks teams should go about slowing down UConn's game. DA's response? " Go right at KLS, and try to get her in foul trouble. Really? That's all you've got ?

Reaction Score
It’s very sad you have
I turned the game off after 8 minutes into the 1st quarter. I want to see competition and a good game like PAC 12. Other conferences are similar to AAC unfortunately.

Competition AND a good game - there really aren’t enough of those. UConn games do tend to be one sided for the most part but I’m focused on intensity, defense, and ball movement all at a pace I’m hard pressed to see if it isn’t UConn. That’s what I call fun or like fine art or a superbly performed play - truly professional.

Reaction Score
Competition AND a good game - there really aren’t enough of those. UConn games do tend to be one sided for the most part but I’m focused on intensity, defense, and ball movement all at a pace I’m hard pressed to see if it isn’t UConn. That’s what I call fun or like fine art or a superbly performed play - truly professional.
No doubt UConn has better ball movement and pace then anyone in the college game. Players are athletically gifted and play cerebral ball too.

Reaction Score
No doubt UConn has better ball movement and pace then anyone in the college game. Players are athletically gifted and play cerebral ball too.
I must be really dumb cause I watched the same game and enjoyed watching how we totally dominated their ball handlers and ran fast breaks were classic after all TV is a way to watching

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I do think the announcers go out of their was to avoid bias for UConn and often grasp at straw to name teams that can beat them. I loved the gem that this years tournament is wide open for many teams...no, it’s not. The other issue is that ESPN has cut significant numbers of seasoned production people due to the NBA contract, so as a result you have very inexperienced staff doing the camera cues and cuts, so we miss action. They also don’t adjust the microphone volumes at times or tell the analyst to speak closer to the mic. I just wish Adam Amin’s mic would be “accidentally” turned off...:p

Reaction Score
Just My Opinion... Shizam...you've been a BY member since 2016, so you've "seen" 2 seasons of UConn Basketball. Yes, they pretty much roll over everyone in the AAC (with the occasional bump in the road), but they do the same thing in most OOC games as well, even against #1 and #2 teams in other conferences and top 10 ranked Nationally . If you turned this game off after the first 8 minutes, I suppose you also did that when UConn played Louisville (maybe earlier than 8 minutes), also broadcast on ESPN2. If I recall correctly, Louisville was ranked #3 at the time, and are now the #4 ranked team in the country...Co-Champ in ACC, likely #1 regional seed in NCAA Tournament and at the time a 1 loss team. Many of us who love and faithfully watch UConn WBB enjoy watching their games for the incredible team work, ball movement, unselfish play and "poetry" that they display on the court. No showboating, no gloating, no demeaning of other team's players. I am not being argumentative here...but UConn will always strive for excellence/perfection...and sometimes that's more exciting than what's happening on the scoreboard. I realize most of Monday night TV is pretty lousy...but you don't have to watch. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom