ESPN is the destroyer of worlds | The Boneyard

ESPN is the destroyer of worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow ESPN came a long way since the mid 80's
I knew the programming director at ESPn.
He was a basketball guy and didn't really follow college football that much. He show me a list of potential football games and asked my preferences as he knew I was a huge college football fan at the time. I think he took my advise on what games to buy.
I didn't really think much of it since they were a small player at the time. The big 3 netwarks still ruled.

Reaction Score
The only WAC schools that are lost at the moment are Idaho and New Mexico State. The markets have spoken. ESPN simply listened.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Idaho and NMSU found homes. I hate ESPN for adding Maryland and Rutgers to the Big 10. Oh wait what?

The WAC has been in turmoil for 20 years. It's ESPN's fault all the legit programs broke off to start Mountain West too?

Reaction Score
The only WAC schools that are lost at the moment are Idaho and New Mexico State. The markets have spoken. ESPN simply listened.

The point of the article is that ESPN creates the market ..,,,then picks winners and losers. Nothing more than that. And it's picked us to be a loser....

Reaction Score
Wow ESPN came a long way since the mid 80's
I knew the programming director at ESPn.
He was a basketball guy and didn't really follow college football that much. He show me a list of potential football games and asked my preferences as he knew I was a huge college football fan at the time. I think he took my advise on what games to buy.
I didn't really think much of it since they were a small player at the time. The big 3 netwarks still ruled.
Interesting,I remember when they "ESPin" were getting started in 78/79? and were operating on a threadbare budget and I thought..."what an opportunity" as cable was getting ready to explode!The set looked like it could've been in a tent?At the time I thought (and still do)they were an underdog "compared with the networks" and could be a boon for the CFB/BB fans but didn't see the potential yet for the insideousness !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom