ESPN is making us sick | The Boneyard

ESPN is making us sick

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
ESPN’s camera work is making my wife and I sick with the awful camera work while watching Baylor Oregon game. Really. Its so bad, please make it stop.
I AM IN COMPLETE AGREEMENT! My goodness we get it that it was an interesting perspective the 1st 3 times. Now, it’s just annoying...Head bang

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
ESPN’s camera work is making my wife and I sick with the awful camera work while watching Baylor Oregon game. Really. Its so bad, please make it stop.

I was gonna say the same thing. Motion sickness. Looks like they calmed it down. I hope they don't stert again at the beginning of the UConn game.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I used to complain to ESPN about their camera work but it served no purpose because during "big" games like last night they continue to span the arena from the cheap seats and ceiling, hone in on family members after their daughter or other makes a play so we don't see what's happening on the court, and worst of all they pull back to a nosebleed view after a bucket and then slowly take us back for a closer view (which is usually a view of the entire ten players and still too far away.) Their advertisements (Sports Center coming up, for example) and interviews which take up a quarter of the screen during play, especially foul shots, are extremely offensive to me while trying to watch the game. I wish the games were on SNY because ESPN has no clue.

Reaction Score
I used to complain to ESPN about their camera work but it served no purpose because during "big" games like last night they continue to span the arena from the cheap seats and ceiling, hone in on family members after their daughter or other makes a play so we don't see what's happening on the court, and worst of all they pull back to a nosebleed view after a bucket and then slowly take us back for a closer view (which is usually a view of the entire ten players and still too far away.) Their advertisements (Sports Center coming up, for example) and interviews which take up a quarter of the screen during play, especially foul shots, are extremely offensive to me while trying to watch the game. I wish the games were on SNY because ESPN has no clue.
You nailed it. I’m thinking maybe those in charge of video decisions aren’t people who have played or coached a game. Otherwise, they wouldn’t want to see what theyr deciding to show to the public. Sometimes trying to “sensationalize” a game ruins it. Let the game be more about the game, and more about what actually happening on the court. Isn’t that why we tune in to watch? The game that is?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Not to mention the nauseating announcer Adam something or other.

Like many on the BY, I’ve been critical of ESPN’s basketball production decisions, including announcers ignoring play in order to focus on external trivia. But I thought the natty broadcast was tight, focused, and useful. Good for Adam and his announcing partners. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once and a while.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Who thinks that the NCAA Women's tournament could easily be covered as well or better with an all-female broadcast team? Do we really need a mellow male voice to comfort us? It's not a quiz show.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The "flying camera" view was very annoying and, when they were using it alot, a little disorienting (mildly nauseating). A couple years ago, they had experimented with a PTZ camera view from high over center court, and offered it as a whole-game option on line. For X's and O's people it was pretty good, but I didn't want to see it used excessively during the live broadcast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom