ESPN Half Time : Key UConn Player Injured | The Boneyard

ESPN Half Time : Key UConn Player Injured

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That little report just hit the screen in Oregon /Trees Game. What have I missed?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn women roll past Tulane despite injuries to two starters

"Dangerfield, who injured her ankle in the third quarter, said not only is she fine but so is All-American forward Gabby Williams, who left the game late in the second quarter after re-aggravating a hip issue that has bothered her for much of her senior season.

Williams laughed when asked if Dangerfield’s medical report on her was accurate.

She did not want to go into specifics about the injury or the play that caused her to leave the game but she did say, “I think everything happens for a reason.”

UConn coach Geno Auriemma isn’t sure if Williams will play in the semifinals, but he doesn’t believe the injury was as serious as it appeared judging by the way Williams limped off the court and her body language when she returned to the bench at the start of the second half."

“She just tweaked it a little bit in the one defensive possession we were in. She could have played if we didn’t have another game for a week maybe, but there is no point in aggravating it a little more,” Auriemma said. “Tomorrow I am sure she will be a little sore. We will know a little more in shootaround and I am sure she will be fine.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Can I say WTF on the Boneyard? :mad: ESPN that was not funny.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No stunt - serious concern at the time in both cases. Neither returned to the game

Clarification to thread title/timing: This little scroll thing was just before halftime of Oregon game after Geno had stated his report as had Crystal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom