ESPN gets in on B10 expansion talk | The Boneyard

ESPN gets in on B10 expansion talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Circle the wagons...someone is trying to bring truth onto this board.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I really do think UConn is a perfect fit for the B1G. Academics, athletics, and potential marketshare UConn could bring would bring lots of $$$ and positive notoriety to the conference.

Reaction Score
The person that runs that Twitter account already admitted he made everything up.

Missed that - Where was it retracted?

Feed reminded me of the Guy from CT.

Reaction Score
Hollis was on the panel with manuel today. I hope manuel bought him dinner afterwards and pulled out his "captive audience" and sny numbers and showed him that husky nation is willing to pay $'s to see uconn play on any cable system at a higher rate than any other big 10 school b/c of mens bb, wbb, and football.

Reaction Score
Missed that - Where was it retracted?

Feed reminded me of the Guy from CT.

I don't recall where exactly I was that I saw it, but it was basically the guy's blog where he confessed it was all baloney. Of course, it apparently hasn't stopped him from tweeting haha

Reaction Score
Hollis was on the panel with manuel today. I hope manuel bought him dinner afterwards and pulled out his "captive audience" and sny numbers and showed him that husky nation is willing to pay $'s to see uconn play on any cable system at a higher rate than any other big 10 school b/c of mens bb, wbb, and football.

Warde bought him a turbo shot for his coffee at DD. Other wise I heard it was Dutch.

Reaction Score
Deacon report is BS.

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't recall where exactly I was that I saw it, but it was basically the guy's blog where he confessed it was all baloney. Of course, it apparently hasn't stopped him from tweeting haha

Not good enough.

Reaction Score
WM would do well to schedule an OOC football series with MSU. We did play them in Germany, so perhaps there is some familiarity between the ADs.

With Michigan and Maryland coming to the Rent next year, we really have an opportunity to butter-up some B1G Athletic Directors. I keep saying this but I think strong links with Rutgers is also key.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I was under the assumption that "The Deacon Report" was somehow connected to Wake Forest University itself, but it sounds like a lone crackpot (who's also predicting Big East to change name to Big America). Man, I really hate Twitter...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There are twits and bloggers that make things up? I'm shocked!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There are twits and bloggers that make things up? I'm shocked!

I'm still waiting on the Tweeter twits that actually tell the truth! I don't know; I feel like a dinosaur sometimes, because I long for the days when reporters had to fact-check and go through some sort of editorial process. Also, because I use the phrase "long for"...

Reaction Score
B1G would be perfect with a 16 team Pod system. Play every team in your pod and 2 teams each from the other three pods for a total of 9 games. Essentially everyone would play each other at least once every two years. For basketball play every team once and every team in your pod twice for a total of 18 games. If UConn and UVA are added the pods and rivalry games workout perfectly.

MidWest
Nebraska
Iowa
Wisconsin
Minnesota

Central
Illinois
Northwestern
Purdue
Indiana

North
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Penn State

East
Virginia
Maryland
Rutgers
UConn

Reaction Score
I always go with the underlying premise that's it's happy horsesh*t unless it'a a verified account but some are still worth sharing. All these twits trying to break news in under 140 characters and 3/4 anonymous. Just like here...

pj

Reaction Score
B1G would be perfect with a 16 team Pod system. Play every team in your pod and 2 teams each from the other three pods for a total of 9 games. Essentially everyone would play each other at least once every two years. For basketball play every team once and every team in your pod twice for a total of 18 games. If UConn and UVA are added the pods and rivalry games workout perfectly.

MidWest
Nebraska
Iowa
Wisconsin
Minnesota

Central
Illinois
Northwestern
Purdue
Indiana

North
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Penn State

East
Virginia
Maryland
Rutgers
UConn

That North pod is really tough. They'd probably swap the Michigan and Indiana teams.

Reaction Score

Manuel showed him stats that prove UConn is 4th in the nation in message board posters slinging rumors on Twitter, and we're looking to move up the rankings. Hollis asked him if he thought we could defeat West Virginia, and Manuel told him we are penned in for the top slot.

Reaction Score
"We don't want to get outflanked," Hollis said.

Outflanked:
1. : to get around the flank of (an opposing force)
2. : get around, circumvent
Examples of OUTFLANK

The army outflanked the enemy.
trying to outflank the competition

The Big 10's flanks are secure everywhere except the northeast. There are no conference enemies in position to encroach on its territory/footprint.

Only with the addition of Rutgers and MD has the big 10 put itself in the position of being between hostile conferences. The north flank of the MD/Rutgers/Penn state line finds uconn, pitt, bc and syracuse.

Below that flank, it's enemy territory as far as the eye can see. No teams can outflank the big 10 from north to south.

The only flank which is in jeopardy is above RU/md/psu.

of the 4 choices, bc and syracuse cannot command a footprint state.

pitt is covered by psu.

that leaves uconn.
would the big 10 just add uconn and see what happens when the sec picks clean the acc? uconn/psu/
md/ru render bc, syracuse and pitt worthless to the much more southern acc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom