ESPN Future CBB Power Rankings | The Boneyard

ESPN Future CBB Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN ranked which programs would have the most success over the next three seasons. Here's their criteria:

CATEGORIES
Coaching (25 percent): Quality of coaching staff over next three seasons, with heavy emphasis on the head coach
Current Talent (25 percent): Quality of players currently in the program, focusing on the future
Recruiting (25 percent): Projected quality of 2015 and 2016 recruiting classes, and recruiting momentum
Program Power (15 percent): Fan and institutional support, facilities, resources and tradition
Stability (10 percent): Accounts for potential roster and coaching staff turnover

Nlr5aw1.png

Full List:
1. Duke
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky
4. Louisville
5. Florida
6. Arizona
7. UNC
8. Syracuse
9. MSU
10. Michigan
11. Ohio State
12. Gonzaga
13. Wisconsin
14. UConn
15. Virginia
16. UCLA
17. Xavier
18. Villanova
19. San Diego State
20. Harvard
21. Pittsburgh
22. UNLV
23. Memphis
24. Georgetown
25. VCU

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...-teams-most-likely-succeed-next-three-seasons

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As if the Head Coach does any recruiting other than play the role of closer. Ollie was the lead recruiter on Facey, Daniels (who came to Storrs sight unseen), and Samuel.

Reaction Score
Things I learned today : that according to espn mark few/thad motta/ roy williams/ sean miller/ tony bennett are all demonstrably better coaches than KO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know how Harvard got on the list at 20, either.

Reaction Score
Is there a link for this tcf, or is it an Insider piece? Would like to read up on some of the other teams, such as Syracuse. Boeheim is turning 70 this year, and who knows how many years he has left to coach, so curious to see where they have them in the stability category.

Reaction Score
Is there a link for this tcf, or is it an Insider piece? Would like to read up on some of the other teams, such as Syracuse. Boeheim is turning 70 this year, and who knows how many years he has left to coach, so curious to see where they have them in the stability category.
good point. they gave syracuse a laughable 95 in coaching.

Reaction Score
It's an insider piece. Here's the graph. Basically they said that Boeheim has shown no inclination to call it quits, will Mike Hopkins stick around and wait for Boeheim to retire, and if he does, will he be able to maintain the status quo at Syracuse.
syracuse_183.jpg

Reaction Score
moving past Gonzaga being ranked ahead of us, how does Harvard make the top 20, especially over a school like Iowa St that's not mentioned at all? unless they think Hoiberg is leaving for the NBA next year, and he's turned NBA overtures the past few years to indicate he's going to stick around for a bit, I would put Iowa St ahead of a good deal of those schools ranked in the lower half of the top 25.

Reaction Score
what score did they give UConn for coaching? insider just expired for me and I don't have a copy of my mag on me to re-up.

Reaction Score
I usually give a slide for a lot of these ridiculous articles, but this is stunning. How in the world are the likes of Gonzaga, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan ahead of us? We continue to get no respect. Laughable.

Husky25

Reaction Score
moving past Gonzaga being ranked ahead of us, how does Harvard make the top 20, especially over a school like Iowa St that's not mentioned at all? unless they think Hoiberg is leaving for the NBA next year, and he's turned NBA overtures the past few years to indicate he's going to stick around for a bit, I would put Iowa St ahead of a good deal of those schools ranked in the lower half of the top 25.
Well he did just sign a 10 year contract extension. So there is that...:rolleyes:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I just spit out my coffee and I wasn't even drinking any.

Gonzaga, lol. With their 1 Elite 8 since our 4 national titles ( loss thanks to us too) and their power house WCC affiliation?

I mean for crying out loud, I'm not usually one that whines or cares about "respect" from idiot talking heads from espn but let's get a grip.

It's still amazing to me how we have FOUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, yet people still try to discredit us because we're not a blue blood.

99 - Anyone can win once.
04 - Transcendent player in okafor, easy title game.
11 - All Kemba and butler in title game.
No more JC.
No more Big East.
14 - Napier and... well uh.. they got to play home games at MSG.. and uhh...Kentucky was down a player..

What's next? The only thing that can stop us is a complete break off the P5 in hoops.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
So the Dilema starts off with Goodman acknowledging that he ranked us to low? This is a joke. We are easily top 10 without question.

Husky25

Reaction Score
04 - Transcendent player in okafor, easy title game.

All other things in your post aside (because it's pretty much correct), was 2004 really an easy title game, given Georgia Tech beat UConn at MSG earlier in the season.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I usually give a slide for a lot of these ridiculous articles, but this is stunning. How in the world are the likes of Gonzaga, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan ahead of us? We continue to get no respect. Laughable.
No it's entertaining. The talking heads can doubt us all they want. If it ever bothers me, I'll head up to Storrs and just look in the trophy case.

The 'Cuse ratings are rediculous. Syracuse is one of the more unstable stitutation given JBs age the programs inablility to win championships without Melo. Dook should be lower as well. Coach K built that program and there's no guarantee it will continue without him. I have to laugh that when Calhoun was coaching the talking heads talked about our uncertain future due the age of our coach and the longevity of his career here, but Duke and 'Cuse are getting points for "stability" due to the same thing. Kentucky is one of the few programs I can see being ranked ahead of us. I don't like the Squid, but he has created a machine over there. Still, I like our odds, if we face them on court.

Reaction Score
I'd say this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, but ... actually, I'm comfortable saying this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
All other things in your post aside (because it's pretty much correct), was 2004 really an easy title game, given Georgia Tech beat UConn at MSG earlier in the season.

Oh, I agree with you 25. Just tossing out the critics point of view.

pj

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure this is the rating of our football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom