ESPN Experts Pick Elite 8 Games | The Boneyard

ESPN Experts Pick Elite 8 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally I am going with Maryland, Baylor, Florida State, and UCONN.
Then UCONN v. Baylor.
Then UCONN

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I have UConn, Tennessee, Notre Dame, South Carolina.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
stwainfan said:

Do you really think Tennessee can beat Maryland?

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Sonny44 said:
I was shocked to see ND and Baylor 50/50. No way baylor beats ND.

I'm not. I think it will be an intriguing matchup. Baylor can score the basketball which is something you have to do with ND. While I think ND will win, it should be a good game.

Reaction Score
I'm not. I think it will be an intriguing matchup. Baylor can score the basketball which is something you have to do with ND. While I think ND will win, it should be a good game.
Two words. Kristy Wallace.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Do you really think Tennessee can beat Maryland?
Yes. Now Tennessee can't get behind by 17. Maryland is good. They haven't beat a top ten team so far.

Reaction Score
Yes. Now Tennessee can't get behind by 17. Maryland is good. They haven't beat a top ten team so far.
Irrelevant at this point. Tennessee has beaten a top ten this year, I think? Yet struggled against mid major squads. Dayton hasn't beat a top 10 team this year, yet is in the elite 8. Teams could careless your ranking, its tournament time so they're going to leave it on the court. With that being said I think Maryland wins ONLY because my Blue Devils gave their guards the confidence they need.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Irrelevant at this point. Tennessee has beaten a top ten this year, I think? Yet struggled against mid major squads. Dayton hasn't beat a top 10 team this year, yet is in the elite 8. Teams could careless your ranking, its tournament time so they're going to leave it on the court. With that being said I think Maryland wins ONLY because my Blue Devils gave their guards the confidence they need.
I think it's a game that can go either way. I think if Tennessee plays it's best. Tennessee will win. Burdick and team refused too lose down last game. I think may be the thing that gets them by in this game.

Reaction Score
I think it's a game that can go either way. I think if Tennessee plays it's best. Tennessee will win. Burdick and team refused too lose down last game. I think may be the thing that gets them by in this game.
I think B. Graves is the key factor this game. If she can get QUALITY touches I think Tenn can pull it out. Games she plays big Tenn usually does well. The key is getting her QUALITY touches not just touches. If Graves plays exceptional, Carter plays NON FOULING defense, and steady offensive play from Reynolds then I think Tenn wins. If Tenn comes out in "lets see if my players are better than yours" ball with one on one play from Burdick and Massengale I'm 100% sure that will cause the entire offense to play out of control and Tenn wont win THIS game like that.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
My two cents is that Tennessee can not go 10+ minutes and only score 6 points. Yes. They came back after being down 17 but that was against 11seed Gonzaga ( let me repeat that 11 seed Gonzaga). Maryland is NOT an 11 seed and they are not Gonzaga. If Tennessee gets down a substantial amount to the Turtles coming back won't be so easy. Maryland has the post size and more athletic ball handlers in the back court. I'm sorry but I see Maryland to the final four. As much as I would love to annihilate the Vols in national TV I see the turtles in our future ( of course after dispatching Dayton)

Reaction Score
Baylor's last game was their first I have seen this year, and I was very impressed with their ball movement against the zone. Could be a close game.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Baylor certainly could win but ND is the best team they will have played...by a lot.

Iowa is the highest Sagarin-rated team they've played at 20. Notre Dame has 9 wins against the Sagarin top 20.

In horse racing lingo, they're making a big jump in class.

Reaction Score
I'm in total agreement with BlueDevils...Graves has to have a good game for Tenn to keep up offensively with Maryland. Defensively they have to contain Maryland's gaurds. Mincy, Brown, Mosley and Walker-Kimbrough will be tough for us.

I believe Baylor gives ND a game. If the Obuke girl (sp) has a game like she did against Iowa I expect an upset.

Although SC already won, I had Florida St beating them. Nevertheless I'm happy SC made it...rep the SEC!

And Ive had UCONN at the championship game since the beginning of the tournament by default lol.

Reaction Score
On second thought I think Notre Dame beats Baylor. I agree with whoever said Notre Dame is the best team Baylor has played all year. I think the only way Baylor wins is if Alexis Prince has a breakout game along with Kristy Wallace and/or Imani Wright producing offense. The matchup I will be watching is Briana Turner vs Nina Davis.

Reaction Score
Of course you do. Down by 17 to a team not ranked and you think you will play great against top 10 Maryland. Sweet dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom