ESPN - Enough of Mike Greenberg Already! | The Boneyard

ESPN - Enough of Mike Greenberg Already!

Reaction Score
I believe I’m Mike Greenberged out.

I can’t understand how ESPN continues to make all of their content be centered around him daily from 8am-noon. In addition, it’s Mike Greenberg leading the prime time NBA coverage and now Mike Greenberg is the new host of NFL Countdown on Sunday Mornings!

Not for anything…but he’s been on his own radio show “Greeny” less then 8 times since mid June!

The show Get Up is an utter embarrassment to ESPN and they continue to flood the network with more Mike Greenberg content.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Pioneers get slaughtered and settlers prosper.
He's stayed out of the limelight, let those around him fail and he's on top. And I never listen to any of his shows.
I'm amazed networks put any time/money in to these pre-game and post-game shows. I catch the last few seconds of pre-game before the game comes on and I shut it off as soon as the game is over.
Anyone in to gambling or fantasy sports has better options. Any other fan just tunes in for the game.

Reaction Score
The name of the radio show on ESPN is called “Greeny” for Mike Greenberg yet he’s never on this show. As a fan, I’m tuning in to listen to Mike Greenberg not the merry-go-round of fill in radio hosts who are no longer “fill in’s” but rather, full time hosts of a horrible show.

ESPN proceeds to add him to host NFL Countdown. Horrendous.

Play us all as idiots. The show “Greeny” is a name only.

Reaction Score
Officially another full week of the ESPN Radio Show “Greeny” without the host of the show himself Mike Greenberg.

Who ever said telecommunications as an industry can’t be trusted…

Reaction Score
Mike Golic was so much better.

Greenberg was always the whiny beta who got upset when Golic was eating. Greenberg is a like a character with a personality disorder from a Woody Allen movie.

I saw Golic in a Dick’s once. I did a double take once I realized who he was and he just smiled and said hello. I said sorry, you just look way skinnier in person than the Greenberg says you are on the radio and he legitimately laughed.

Reaction Score

Greenberg was always the whiny beta who got upset when Golic was eating. Greenberg is a like a character with a personality disorder from a Woody Allen movie.

I saw Golic in a Dick’s once. I did a double take once I realized who he was and he just smiled and said hello. I said sorry, you just look way skinnier in person than the Greenberg says you are on the radio and he legitimately laughed.
The difference between his playing days and early arrival at ESPN to the Golic n Wingo days…is incredible.

Reaction Score

Mike and Mike was an excellent radio show and Golic played a major role in that. Greenberg today, opposed to back then is no comparison. Much much better back then imo.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Greenberg lived in Westport for a long time, I ran into him at Stew Leonard's several times, he was always gracious, of course, I just talked Jets with him. Like him or not, the exposure (and from what I understand, some mentoring) he gave Dan Orlovsky is part of the reason Danny O is where he is today career wise, not the fact he also moved to Westport ;)

Reaction Score
Greenberg lived in Westport for a long time, I ran into him at Stew Leonard's several times, he was always gracious, of course, I just talked Jets with him. Like him or not, the exposure (and from what I understand, some mentoring) he gave Dan Orlovsky is part of the reason Danny O is where he is today career wise, not the fact he also moved to Westport ;)

I heard Greeny is a good guy too but his on air persona wasn’t preferable to Golic. But it was a good show.

Reaction Score
It is ironic that the guy was effectively "comic relief" next to Golic is now ESPN's top personality. His schtick on the Mike and Mike show was that he didn't know squat about sports. How that translates to top sports network personality, I have no idea.

Reaction Score
“Greeny” made an appearance yesterday…let’s see if he can be on his own show 5 straight days in a week.

Reaction Score
I had hope Mike Greenberg would be on his Nationally Broadcast Show for ESPN for an entire 5 day week. Not to be. 3 days consecutively is all. Total of 11 appearances since mid-June.

Now Evan and Michele Smallmon who just did a Unsportsmanlike themselves for 4 hours is filling in for another 2 hours for Greeny!

Reaction Score
Is anyone in a position like Greeny universally liked? I think it's a requirement of the role that half the people love you and the other half hate you.

Reaction Score
Is anyone in a position like Greeny universally liked? I think it's a requirement of the role that half the people love you and the other half hate you.
Nothing whatsoever to do with my comments about Mike Greenberg.

If that’s 6 hours of ESPN Radio content being aired across America then UConn’s Big 12 Invite is imminent.

Reaction Score
Another Greeny Show on ESPN without Mike Greenberg. Fill-in’s again hmmmmm.

11 appearances in 3 1/2 months on a radio show that has your name on it.

Reaction Score
An ESPN thread based entirely on the day to day content across all platforms, radio/tv/internet, from 6am-8pm daily needs to be chartered and called out.

Watching another week of an unprofessional, sloppy representation of sports and the coverage from 10am-1pm leading up to kickoff with Greenberg leading the way, yet he can’t do his own radio show but 11x in almost 4 months??

This show and it’s content cannot be real!

Reaction Score
I hope Mike Greenberg is paying rent for how much space he's taking up in your head. This doesn't seem healthy

Reaction Score
I hope Mike Greenberg is paying rent for how much space he's taking up in your head. This doesn't seem healthy
Are you a fan of Carlin vs Joe on ESPN daily from 12-3pm haha.

No seriously listen to an hour of it. Hahahaha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom