OT: ESPN E:60 piece on Scott Hall | The Boneyard

OT: ESPN E:60 piece on Scott Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7124904&categoryid=2378529

Saw a thread on here a while back about favorite pro wrestlers, so I thought there might be some interest. Scott's wounds are entirely self-inflicted, but still a tragic story. Seeing what he looks like now is truly horrifying.

In his prime, Hall had the physique, charisma, mic skills, and move set to be as big as anybody in the business. His persona worked well as either a face or a heel. Just couldn't get out of his own way.

By the way, Sean Waltman (aka X-Pac/Syxx/1-2-3 Kid) doesn't look so hot these days either.

Reaction Score
When those guys hit their stride in the 90's they were tremendously popular. Hall, along with Nash and Hogan really made that stuff fun to watch. Of course they also had a lot of scantily clad "nitro girls" and such dancing around, so that may have been why I was watching as well.

Reaction Score
All i can say after that is WOW. I was a wwf guy so ill always remember him as Razor Ramon. Really is a sad story but this just seems to be the norm for a lot of wrestlers from that era. Have you seen Lex Luger lately? I think hes been down the same road as Scott Hall after wrestling

Reaction Score
Also watched this today. I was a big wwf guy in the 90's when Razor Ramon was the man. I couldn't believe what he looks like now. Truly a sad story.

Reaction Score
I thought that was a pretty well done piece. They didn't really sugarcoat things and I had never heard the story of Hall killing someone before. Hall's story, unfortunately, is a template for a lot of wrestlers of that era: Wear & tear from performing + steroid usage + substance abuse = Big problems later in life.

The only quibble I had was the claim at the very beginning that Hall was the biggest star in the business during 90s and early 00s. He was obviously a big name during that time, but he was never the #1 guy in WCW or WWE.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I thought that was a pretty well done piece. They didn't really sugarcoat things and I had never heard the story of Hall killing someone before. Hall's story, unfortunately, is a template for a lot of wrestlers of that era: Wear & tear from performing + steroid usage + substance abuse = Big problems later in life.

The only quibble I had was the claim at the very beginning that Hall was the biggest star in the business during 90s and early 00s. He was obviously a big name during that time, but he was never the #1 guy in WCW or WWE.
Indeed. He never had a world title run with either promotion, though he might well have had he stuck with WWF (given that they immediately gave a big push to Steve Austin after he and Nash departed) or if he had been able to stay sober at WCW. He was definitely over with the fans, but not quite the star Hogan, Austin, The Rock, or Goldberg were.

Scott Hall is trending on Twitter right now because of the E:60 broadcast.

Sounds like he and his son have had a further falling out since the feature was recorded. Really too bad. I heard they had a renunion of "The Kliq" (i.e., HHH, Nash, Hall, Waltman, and Sean Michaels) at the WWE HOF induction ceremony this past spring, but that Hall wasn't in attendance. However, it wasn't until I watched this that I learned how much of a mess he was. Again, entirely self-inflicted, but I still hate to see people flush their lives down the drain, especially talented ones (odd a talent being a professional wrestler might be).

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Truly a sad story. He was huge in the 90's, he and Nash changed the shape of pro wrestling.

I too didn't know that he killed someone, and until this episode of E:60 believed he was cuban. Just goes to show how well he sold his character to the fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom