ESPN dragging UConn name into articles | The Boneyard

ESPN dragging UConn name into articles

Reaction Score
Despite no violations or evidence of actual cheating, the Chill article and a new article both mention UConn. From the most recent one, in reference to Kenya Hunter:

“One piece of evidence presented was a copy of a text message between Code and Dawkins listing coaches in advance of their meeting in Las Vegas in July 2017, with one of them listing former Nebraskaassistant Kenya Hunter, who left in 2018 for UConn. Code's text to Dawkins states, "Do we need to do Kenya? I think we have done enough for them to see value. Can Kenya really get dudes?" There is no reference to Hunter getting paid.”

My grip is that despite no evidence of NCAA or federal violations, ESPN decides to print our name for all to see, just because it’s a bigger name.

Reaction Score
Because they worked here.
Like I said, UConn’s name is now in two lead ESPN articles detailing the rampant cheating in college basketball. There has been no evidence that the UConn program is implicated, yet we are mentioned in both articles. People see UConn, they think we are dirty, when most fans already believe UConn was dirty with Calhoun in charge. It’s an association gripe.

Reaction Score
Well there are articles about high profile head coaches at Kansas and Arizona on tape talking about paying recruits and nobody seems to care at all. So I highly doubt anyone cares about those casual mentions of UConn in those articles.

Reaction Score
Like I said, UConn’s name is now in two lead ESPN articles detailing the rampant cheating in college basketball. There has been no evidence that the UConn program is implicated, yet we are mentioned in both articles. People see UConn, they think we are dirty, when most fans already believe UConn was dirty with Calhoun in charge. It’s an association gripe.

I tend to agree. However, Chillious worked here and Kenya works here now so, it’s relevant. I don’t really care. I wish we cheated more, especially in football. This isn’t a business for the honest. The NCAA has all but declared it themselves.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree. However, Chillious worked here and Kenya works here now so, it’s relevant. I don’t really care. I wish we cheated more, especially in football. This isn’t a business for the honest. The NCAA has all but declared it themselves.
And it’s why I care less...

Reaction Score
Personally, I think we've earned a little paranoia toward ESPN as Husky fans. Even relatively baseless paranoia.
It’s earned. They systematically destroyed UConn athletics with their BS tampering in conf realignment. They actually ate the baby who propelled them to who they became. Bunch of soulless jackals.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
According to the OP, the writer should've lied he was still at Nebraska.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom