ESPN cutting on air talent today. | The Boneyard

ESPN cutting on air talent today.

Reaction Score
The long rumored firing of on air talent has begun. I never understood why they paid some of their on air talent so much when ESPN in most cases was the only option for their employment. They would pay these host millions of dollars a year when in reality the market didn’t justify the salaries. ESPN will continue to feel the pressure to cut cost as cable and satellite subscriptions continue to plummet.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is a cycle they run through every so often. They go on a spending spree, someone at the mouse tells them they need to cut costs and to their detriment, due to some ridiculous contracts they gave out, they have to cut some people worth keeping while maintaining some who should be gone.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I read that Keyshawn signed a 5yr 18mil contract a year ago and will still be paid the full amount of his contract. Why not keep him until it runs out??? Losing Kolber and Todd McShay are the two I will miss the most. I wish they let go of the dinosaur Mel Kiper and keep McShay. I always preferred his analysis for the draft over Kiper. Also, why not get rid of Mortenson. I know it's not a popular call because of his health but what is he really contributing that Shefty isn't already doing?

I'm not an NBA fan but I'd imagine losing Van Gundy is not going over well.

Reaction Score
I know that Jalen Rose was laid off at ESPN today. Just wondering, is Chris Berman still employed by them? I cut cable about a year ago, and I haven't watched ESPN except at the gym for 3 yearsl.

Reaction Score
Hmm, staff reductions in order to pay for UConn's full share in the big 12?
Nah probably will use the savings to pay for the B1G's 4th time slot to keep that long running relationship going.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what happens with the Pac 12 and their media rights package. You would figure something would have to be announced in the next couple of weeks as their media day is approaching. I wonder if they will embrace and go full streaming for their media rights?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what happens with the Pac 12 and their media rights package. You would figure something would have to be announced in the next couple of weeks as their media day is approaching. I wonder if they will embrace and go full streaming for their media rights?
The rumor is it's going to be primarily streaming with some linear outsourcing. I definitely could see CBS Sports picking up some games and the rest going out to Regional networks. If ESPN or Fox pick any up it would have to be for pennies on the dollar, otherwise why facilitate a competing paradigm?

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Pac-12 on CW (1 or 2 games a week sublicensed from Apple.)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Keyshawn, JWill, and Max was the best iteration of their morning commute show since Mike and Mike split. Then out of the blue they lay-off 2/3 of it?

Reaction Score
i don't care for boxing but i'll still miss Max K. can't help being pee'd at the circumstances though. this probably wouldn't have happened if not for SAS' big head and insecurity. i dislike him more now than i ever did because of how he forced Max off of first take. what a tool.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter. There’s no way they’re letting Dickie V go.

Reaction Score
Norm McDonald. It doesn't get any better than that. And check out the young athletes too

Reaction Score
it was announced today his cancer returned in his vocal cords.
I love dick's energy. I hate his Duke supremacism. If he weren't such a Duke fanatic I think he'd be a great sports ambassador. That being said I hope he comes out of this well because despite the damage he does to himself for being such a Duke homer he is a net positive

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom