ESPN Commentators for AAC matchups | The Boneyard

ESPN Commentators for AAC matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
American games will see Mike Patrick on Thursdays and Saturdays with Len Elmore and Bob Knight, in addition to Dave O’Brien and Doris Burke working select AAC Thursday games.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...r-lineup-on-espns-extensive-2014-15-coverage/

Also, here's what Jim Calhoun will be doing:

Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame member and former UConn head coach Jim Calhoun joins ESPN provide insight and analysis, including studio programming, joining select game telecasts and conducting sit-down interviews with top figures in the game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Don't hate on Mike Patrick - we won a ton with him announcing our games. As long as its not that one guy who did the SMU game (or maybe the Houston game) idk.

Reaction Score
Len Elmore is a very nice, very smart guy but pretty insufferable as a commentator, and I don't think they play particularly well when he does their games.

Reaction Score
Don't hate on Mike Patrick - we won a ton with him announcing our games. As long as its not that one guy who did the SMU game (or maybe the Houston game) idk.
He's also horrible at his job. And, weirdly, I just don't think he affects how UConn plays all that much.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He's also horrible at his job. And, weirdly, I just don't think he affects how UConn plays all that much.

Are you kidding? Totally a causal relationship between who's calling the game and how the players perform on the floor.

Reaction Score
Mike Patrick brings the Mojo. He mispronounces player names, gets basic facts wrong, and is generally out to lunch...but we WIN! His antics bring some much needed entertainment to the 2nd half of a USF spanking in a silent XL Center.

Reaction Score
Don't really mind elmore, i feel like he made a leap last year in commentating. years before he was terrible for sure

Reaction Score
I don't think McDonough Raftery and Bilas with Burke on the sidelines is too much to ask for.

I think we play pretty well with them doing the games as well:cool:

Reaction Score
Patrick was awesome for us last year. He pretty much became a UConn homer. He knew the team and players and got everything right after so many broadcasts. He genuinely seemed to like and respect the program last season.

Reaction Score
Who cares about regular season commentators. Our focus should be on Allie LaForce in March. We're about the cake, not the crumbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom