ESPN Coaching Rankings 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN Coaching Rankings 1 . . . 2 . . . 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This makes the run even more impressive when you look at this stat:

ESPN recently did a series ranking the top 50 college basketball coaches in the game today. To win the 2014 championship, Connecticut went through Phil Martelli (No. 35), Jay Wright (No. 19), Fred Hoiberg (No. 15), Tom Izzo (No. 3), Billy Donovan (No. 1) and John Calipari (No. 2).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When the final rankings came out I posted that UConn should have put that out on their official tweeter feed.

Reaction Score
This makes the run even more impressive when you look at this stat:

ESPN recently did a series ranking the top 50 college basketball coaches in the game today. To win the 2014 championship, Connecticut went through Phil Martelli (No. 35), Jay Wright (No. 19), Fred Hoiberg (No. 15), Tom Izzo (No. 3), Billy Donovan (No. 1) and John Calipari (No. 2).

Any coaching list that has the squid at #2 has demonstrated it's own worth. It was an achievement to get past Hoiberg, Izzo and Donovan. Getting past Kentucky's players was an achievement, getting past the squid, not so much. Getting past Cronin was tougher.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate Calipari, there is no one better in recruiting . This list takes that into account but I really don't care ,there is nothing factual about it so I don't get bent out of shape.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Calipari is a fantastic recruiter and a great teacher. But as an in-game coach he leaves a LOT to be desired.

KO ate his lunch in the national title game. Everyone could argue that UK had a bigger, better and more talented roster, but KO coached to his players strengths. Calipari did a very poor job of this.

Calipari sealed UK's loss when he decided not to foul while UConn was STILL IN THE BONUS in the title game as time expired... that should have never happened. And I don't care HOW good UConn is at free throws... you take that chance. One front-end miss and its an entirely different game down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom