ESPN becoming a four letter word - animosity growing | The Boneyard

ESPN becoming a four letter word - animosity growing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perusing the potential invitee boards, the general consensus is the fans want to join the BE (they prefer the B12, but do not love the 22 team mega-merger plan), they believe ESPN is the devil incarnate, and they want the BE FB teams to get their together and commit to this league.

Boise fans are planning on getting torches and pitch forks and storming either their Prez or AD's house if they decline an invite from the BE. Many believe ESPN's premature reporting that invites were extended and declined is another act of Disney trying to control the landscape yet again. A few references and reminders of their handling of the Leach/James saga, and giving James a forum to tell his story, locking Leach out.

Reaction Score
Many believe ESPN's premature reporting that invites were extended and declined is another act of Disney trying to control the landscape yet again. A few references and reminders of their handling of the Leach/James saga, and giving James a forum to tell his story, locking Leach out.
Is there ANYTHING espn (sic) says that we can believe? And are they just making a legal case easier for us by maniplating the story re: realignment?

One of the (if not the) favorite attractions at disney world (sic) (where I am now) is Pirates of the Caribbean w/ Jack Sparrow.
Apropos, yes? Pirates gotta do what pirates do. (That is, rape and pillage) And the BE is the damsel in distress. Who will ride to her rescue?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I doubt ESPN is conspiring to impact the schools decisions to stay in their conferences or join the BE. But the addition of Boise and some of the schools discussed would be an upgrade football wise compared to the loss of Cuse, Pitt and TCU. And that means the BE conference would still be up for a significant contract increase in 18 months.

So if people were hypothesizing that Comcast/NBC would be interested in the BE before the defections, the addition of the proposed universities would, imo, potentially generate more interest by Comcast. Every one was excited about TCU joining the BE. But Boise's football program has been more successful in recent history. SMU and Houston keep interest in Texas and that cannot be understated.

I expect, if the BE gets these teams, that Comcast will be very interested in the BE. Additionally, I don't believe Comcast/NBC would find it favorable for the BE to implode creating the potential of ND going to the ACC. So the addition of Boise State, Air Force, SMU, Houston could stabilize the conference much longer than a couple of years depending on the next contract.

Reaction Score
Could Comcast be ticked off that Temple wasn't chosen? I still think that "Nova should get over their juvenile tantrum. If USF can see the greater good & acquiesce to allowing UCF's admittance, Nova should do likewise.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Villanova knows that if they allow Temple to join their chance of upgrading is much lower. I don't blame them anymore than I'd blame UL for joining the Big 12 or UConn or Rutgers joining the ACC.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Could Comcast be ticked off that Temple wasn't chosen? I still think that "Nova should get over their juvenile tantrum. If USF can see the greater good & acquiesce to allowing UCF's admittance, Nova should do likewise.
Who knows if any of the bigwigs in Comcast have ties to Temple. If there are, it is anyones guess if this impacts decisions. I'm sure if things play out and the 18 months gets closer, or if people in the BE contact Comcast to get an insight to Comcasts preferences, Comcast would indicate a preference or not for Temple.

Reaction Score
I've got some contacts with the Wall Street protestors (I wish). I say we bring them to Bristol and cause anarchy like ESPN has never seen.

I wish there was a way to set up massive protests at ESPN. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

duck ESPN

Reaction Score
And if I'm UConn, I don't let Nova upgrade. If the ACC goes to add two more schools, and Flipper is still at BC, he'll push for Nova hardcore over UConn.

Reaction Score
I've got some contacts with the Wall Street protestors (I wish). I say we bring them to Bristol and cause anarchy like ESPN has never seen.

I wish there was a way to set up massive protests at ESPN. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

duck ESPN

Occupy ESPN should happen. Being a longtime Bristol res, I can attest that there's been a strong growing presence of evil here for sometime.

And I'd thought it was just the usual crabby locals. :D

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
ESPN is usually wrong when they break a story. Only when they co-opt someone else's story and present it as their own do they appear to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom