ESPN BBall Ratings 2013-2014 | The Boneyard

ESPN BBall Ratings 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well... This is particularly horrible for anyone who is pissed at both ESPN and Louisville: Link

pj

Reaction Score
Why? Louisville is a tiny market where there's nothing to do but watch Louisville basketball. And they only got 4.5% of TVs to tune in. Connecticut is a far larger market, so we get far more eyeballs. Memphis doubling its audience shows the value of a good conference.

Reaction Score
i am pretty sure the cold weather and snow help boost ratings this year too

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why? Louisville is a tiny market where there's nothing to do but watch Louisville basketball. And they only got 4.5% of TVs to tune in. Connecticut is a far larger market, so we get far more eyeballs. Memphis doubling its audience shows the value of a good conference.

I would have thought we'd be past denial by now.

That 4.5% rating was for ALL the games not just Louisville games.

They are 170 basis points ahead of every other market in the country. That is an incredible number.

If you think the average number of people watching the average ESPN telecast is higher in Hartford than Louisville than you need to go back to the beginning and learn which integers are bigger.

Seriously just based on that press release Hartford would have to be at least 3 times bigger than Louisville to equal their viewership - and that would require Hartford to be just off the top 10.

Reaction Score
Louisville loves college sports, simple as that. They show up in droves, travel well and watch on tv. UL as a university is willing to do whatever they need to do to advance their sports programs, we just have to accept it and move on. I don't begrudge them at all. We just need to stop being so damn conservative and play the game.

Reaction Score
I would have thought we'd be past denial by now.

That 4.5% rating was for ALL the games not just Louisville games.

They are 170 basis points ahead of every other market in the country. That is an incrediblea number.

If you think the average number of people watching the average ESPN telecast is higher in Hartford than Louisville than you need to go back to the beginning and learn which integers are bigger.

Seriously just based on that press release Hartford would have to be at least 3 times bigger than Louisville to equal their viewership - and that would require Hartford to be just off the top 10.

You're forgetting that Louisville is in the state of Kentucky and is on the Indiana border. There's also the fact that UConn's market is the entire state and not the old OTA market by city.

Still, 4.5 is a big number and you're right, but I simply would not credit that to Louisville by itself, not when UK and Indy are such close neighbors.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're forgetting that Louisville is in the state of Kentucky and is on the Indiana border. There's also the fact that UConn's market is the entire state and not the old OTA market by city.

Still, 4.5 is a big number and you're right, but I simply would not credit that to Louisville by itself, not when UK and Indy are such close neighbors.

I'm not forgetting anything. I know exactly what the numbers mean and what they represent.

Of course some subset of the people watching in Louisville are UK or IU fans or many other stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom