ESPN Azzi Fudd Decision Article | The Boneyard

ESPN Azzi Fudd Decision Article

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That was fast. ;););)

"She can be going full speed, and stop on a dime and have, like, a feathery release," said two-time NBA MVP Stephen Curry. "I think she has more of a textbook jumper than anyone I've seen. Maybe Klay Thompson and Azzi Fudd. ... You go Ray Allen, Klay Thompson, and Azzi Fudd, textbook. You would teach somebody how to shoot with their form."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well great now I've gone from being excited about this season to being excited about next season. I'll indulge it for a day or so.

Reaction Score
Azzi has a great scoop shot, a great 3-pointer, and a fabulous pull-up. Watching her shoot is worth the price of admission.

I'm reminded of all the times opposing coaches used to tell their teams that "under no circumstances is KML's defender to leave her unguarded for even one second".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm reminded of all the times opposing coaches used to tell their teams that "under no circumstances is KML's defender to leave her unguarded for even one second".
The problem now is that over the next few years the coaches will have to say that about every husky on the floor. Well their problem, not ours.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Yeah..................and that means no more double teams on ONO. You can't leave anyone open for an uncontested 3!! :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Did she have the same surgery on both knees?
I have never found reliable info about that identical scar on the other leg. Maybe somebody else could help us out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can't believe it that Frese beat out Walz on the scholarship offer. Jeff must have been upset to hear that Brenda had already offered Azzi. Maybe that is why he starts on 6th graders.

Hey Serge, I thought about that too. Walz has a reputation for offering kids early. :eek:

Reaction Score
So according to ESPN the decision was made with 3 people in the van azzi and her parents. So where do the quotes come from? Was the reporter in the van? Was there a listening device in the van? Were the conversations what the reporter imagined that they were? I'm just curious..

Reaction Score
Hey Serge, I thought about that too. Walz has a reputation for offering kids early. :eek:
While a bit off topic, curious if any of Walz' early offers has ever worked for him.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I can't believe it that Frese beat out Walz on the scholarship offer. Jeff must have been upset to hear that Brenda had already offered Azzi. Maybe that is why he starts on 6th graders.
I love the part when Brenda offers Azzi a scholarship in 6th grade, Azzi doesn’t say anything, so Mom asks her if she has anything to say, Azzi looks up from her salad and says “Thank you,” and then presumably goes back to eating her salad. Brenda should have known right then and there that Azzi wasn’t coming to College Park.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno speaks. I think this is an update of ESPN's article:

"I think her coaches and everyone that she's come in contact with have done a phenomenal job of getting her so fundamentally sound and so ready for college basketball," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. "We're just absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity to coach Azzi for the next four years."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom