ESPN article on Who Should be #1, Plus a Look at UConn/ND game (and other things) | The Boneyard

ESPN article on Who Should be #1, Plus a Look at UConn/ND game (and other things)

Reaction Score
ESPN is consistent if nothing else. They pick the super bowl champ in September and the world series winner in March so why not the best team in wcbb at the end of November? And it's carried over into endless discussions about unanswerable topics.

I'd enjoy it more if they reposted these articles and the writers were forced to defend those picks in late February.

I expect that one year pro sports will all be digitally created in the Disney studios. The stars will be based on real people but it will be their digital personas that we will watch, with predetermined outcomes. :rolleyes: That will make it easier for sponsors to decide who will promote their products and solve the issue of aging players being forced to retire.

Reaction Score
Not much to disagree with here.
One can certainly argue December 4 is too early to know who is number 1. However, even at the other extreme, knowing who is "truly" number one after the NCAA tournament is open to debate. Who wins the National Championship may not be the "best" team but the team who was hottest at the right time (late March), or the team that got the most favorable match ups, or the team that got the most favorable locations to play at. I'm in favor of discussing rankings or who is number 1 before, anytime during, or even after season as it creates interest in the sport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom