ESPN Article on 15 Uncommitted Prospects to Watch this Summer

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shade's the only one with known UConn interest:

G Ashlynn Shade
Noblesville High School (Indiana)
espnW rating: Five stars

Not only is Shade a pure shooter who can catch fire from the perimeter, but she has a knack for creating for her teammates and leading the charge. The way she elevates on her pull-up jumper separates her not only from defenders, but from those in her class as well. She plays the game with high energy and is one of the most driven players in the high school game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
All I know is McGraw’s Bench will implode if Shade leaves Indiana and chooses anyone else as that will be the 2nd local recruit to eschew the once storied program. Ivey’s seat temperature will be turned on high. So...come on UCLA! :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I know the theory that any ink is good ink for WBB, but ESPN seems to be scraping the barrel first with a 'way to early' 2022 bracketology and now a listing of uncommitted players to watch for 2022, 2023, and 2024. Isn't this sort of what their recruiting lists for those years are about? And then they choose some random players from the middle of their 2022 list while ignoring the 15 uncommitted top 25 in their list for that year. 2023 and 2024 are basically wide open as the players and the class starts to come into focus and there are few verbals.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I know the theory that any ink is good ink for WBB, but ESPN seems to be scraping the barrel first with a 'way to early' 2022 bracketology and now a listing of uncommitted players to watch for 2022, 2023, and 2024. Isn't this sort of what their recruiting lists for those years are about? And then they choose some random players from the middle of their 2022 list while ignoring the 15 uncommitted top 25 in their list for that year. 2023 and 2024 are basically wide open as the players and the class starts to come into focus and there are few verbals.

I'm quite happy they are doing stories on recruits. Think that's been missing from their coverage for a while. The more the scouting outlets want to share recruit info the better, imo.

Reaction Score
Not every recruiting post, article, list, etc. Has to be about the top recruits. They are probably getting enough exposure.

Besides, there are a ton of media pages on Twitter that are pumping out content (videos) on recruits. I think ESPN is trying to do their part in helping the women's game in their own way. That is by making these write up articles on players that may fly under the radar to most people.

If everyone of these players had UConn interest I'm sure "scraping the barrell" wouldn't be used to describe the list.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade is not in the ESPNW list ..

She's not on their list but obviously the PBR guys who run it will have her extremely high when they update next because they have her as a 5-star player in the article. Shade's the only one of the 15 listed who they have as a 5-star.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom