ESPN Article: No Kemba Walker, but Huskies are loaded | The Boneyard

ESPN Article: No Kemba Walker, but Huskies are loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that was a good read. Thank you!- I needed some pure UCONN basketball content before this week ended.

Funny thing is- as good as they made us sound- they really did not talk about DD all that much and we still sounded like we have all the pieces. Also it was nice the hear more about how Boat is coming around- I had hoped he would be Kembaish in his ability to get to the basket- draw contact or finish.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Speaking of strange statements, the article says, "The Huskies relied too much on Walker last season." I'm not sure how well we would have done if we had relied on him less!

Reaction Score
great read but now it just makes the wait until tip off even more maddening, I can't even remember the last time I was itching for a season to start as much as I am this one. I'm an NBA fan and can't wait to see Kemba play in the league, but the selfish part of me is hoping that the start of season is going to be delayed(hopefully not cancelled) and Kemba gets to stick around the team for a lil bit.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
great read but now it just makes the wait until tip off even more maddening, I can't even remember the last time I was itching for a season to start as much as I am this one. I'm an NBA fan and can't wait to see Kemba play in the league, but the selfish part of me is hoping that the start of season is going to be delayed(hopefully not cancelled) and Kemba gets to stick around the team for a lil bit.

You wish will 100% come true.

Reaction Score
The steady stream of positive pick up game appraisals coming from the likes of Kemba and Ray Allen are truly making this one of the most anticipated seasons in recent memory. At the very least it's a nice counterpoint from the dreary football and conference realignment news. This team is so deep with so many weapons, first night cant come soon enough!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Speaking of strange statements, the article says, "The Huskies relied too much on Walker last season." I'm not sure how well we would have done if we had relied on him less!
That is strange. How can anything not be just right if a team wins a national championship?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Love that Shabazz has improved in shooting.

Reaction Score
Clearly we would have had higher margins of victory had we relied less on Kemba. :confused:

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that what he was trying to say is that there were games last season in which, if Kemba's shooting was off, or the opponent defended him well, we struggled to find other answers. That's the way I read it, and I think it's a fair statement. Plus, although it obviously worked, relying as much as we did on one player is generally not a good idea, since it makes you vulnerable to injury or the occasional off night.

What put us over the top in the post-season was the emergence of Jeremy, Alex, Shabazz as alternative answers to Kemba.

Reaction Score
Nice, stuff like this is exciting to read. I hope Giffey and Tyler made some progress in the off-season. Kemba though was so special last year, the good thing is that Bazz had a full year under him.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that what he was trying to say is that there were games last season in which, if Kemba's shooting was off, or the opponent defended him well, we struggled to find other answers. That's the way I read it, and I think it's a fair statement. Plus, although it obviously worked, relying as much as we did on one player is generally not a good idea, since it makes you vulnerable to injury or the occasional off night.

What put us over the top in the post-season was the emergence of Jeremy, Alex, Shabazz as alternative answers to Kemba.
I read it that way as well.

But a great writer, and I profess I'm not one, would have stated something as follows: "UConn was forced last season to over rely on one player, Kemba Walker. That worked for them last season, but that can be a dangerous policy and something that won't be necessary this season."

That particular line was not well thought out or expressed. And some of us are having fun with it. Otherwise the article was well written. I equate that line and the article with the following. Article = UConn's victory over Texas. Poorly written line = Roscoe Smith heave. Perhaps I'm exaggerating a little. But everything is bigger in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom