ESPN Announcers | The Boneyard

ESPN Announcers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Really? Peck is gone? Didn't know that. Goof news, methinks. I was stunned last season to see how good Andy Landers was as a color commentator/analyst. I will stay tuned, just to listen to him. Never thought much of him as a coach, but the man knows his stuff and is really fun to listen to. Lawson calling games will be interesting, too.

As I think about it, I see these moves as a net plus.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Really? Peck is gone? Didn't know that. Goof news, methinks. I was stunned last season to see how good Andy Landers was as a color commentator/analyst. I will stay tuned, just to listen to him. Never thought much of him as a coach, but the man knows his stuff and is really fun to listen to. Lawson calling games will be interesting, too.

You're slipping:rolleyes: Peck is Associate Head Coach at her alma mater, Vanderbilt. Named when Stephanie White was named head coach, and babysat the program as White concluded her WNBA duties.

I like Andy as a commentator as well, although this appears to be mostly studio work. His strong point (for me) was explaining plays and what moves coaches were trying to make.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was wondering in the off season how the play by play and studio games would be called.

Losing Caroline Peck and Stephanie White have created some movement.

Some interesting changes including Andy Landers in the studio with Lobo and Lawson calling games.

Reads as if she may be in studio some. Will miss her and Lobo together.

ESPN’s NCAA Women’s Basketball Commentator Line-Up Heightened with New Roles - ESPN MediaZone

Thank you very much for sharing this ESPN MediaZone report. Very informative. :cool:

Reaction Score
I thought that Kevin, Kara and Rebecca had great chemistry in the booth last year, and the quality of analysis was first rate. A very difficult act to follow, but I wish the new team all the best.

I am glad to see that Dave O'Brien will be back to call the final four. Beth did a good job last year, but Dave just brings a gravitas to these broadcasts that they so deserve. Pretty sure now that ESPN will assign Dave and Doris to the Bridgeport Regional games as well, so I'm already looking forward to ESPN's coverage of what we all hope will be the last four games of Huskies' season!

Reaction Score

Say it isn't so---Carolyn Peck isn't going to be doing WBB games this year??? I don't know how I can live without her precise analytical in depth and creative analysis.
I guess I'm going to channel hop looking for Lawson--her and lobo are the best of the best--Lawson knows the game, the teams and the players. But losing Peck is like --having a boil expelled.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Some serious talent for WCBB by ESPN. Definately dwarfs some of there other sports by a wide margin.

I love Andy Landers. Knowledgable, insightful and funny. Going to miss the studio combo of Kara and Rebecca. They are absolutely the best combo!.

Let the season begin!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Kevin, Kara and Rebecca did have wonderful chemistry and I will miss that trio. With that being said however, I love Maria Taylor and I'm glad ESPN is giving a woman this opportunity. I fear though, that after this season, we may see a very limited amount of Kara Lawson. She's almost big time and I think we might see her transition to more of a Doris Burke type role where she is doing a lot more with MCBB and the NBA like Doris does with the NBA.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Less Kara because she's moving to a greater role analyzing MBB and WBB? Good on her! I'm mean, no-o-o-o-o-o! Can I think on this?

this-is-so-wgzx6r.jpg

Reaction Score
Can't argue with Dave O'Brien's voice as it's great for TV but I'm tired of hearing the same old '5 11 sophomore from Sparks Nevada' over and over again. I enjoyed the finals last year with Beth Mowins and Doris...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom