Espn and Andy Launders and Neil Fortner.. | The Boneyard

Espn and Andy Launders and Neil Fortner..

Reaction Score
Absolutely makes my skin crawl. There so anti UCONN is absolutely rediculious!! Stay on the SEC network please!! Just like Debbie Antonelli needs to stay on the ACC network. If I hear launders say one more thing about Katie Lou and UCONN in trouble.. bla bla.. at least Rebecca is neutral and partial. Espn is a complete joke!!!

Reaction Score
Yeah they are annoying. I usually mute the TV when they are talking. You just know where they are going with their comments. Andy usually has 2 or 3 negative comments about UConn to only 1 positive comment. Neil tries to spin a little positive vibe our way...once in awhile.

Reaction Score
We all know Lou is hurting we get it... she is 90% in my opinion. She was mauled last night.. she looked good to me.. yes her shot was off but she played good defense , rebound made passes and took a lot of physical contact. When here shot starts falling watch out!! And I think tomorrow she will start making shots. Lou will be fine.. we all need to take a deep breath!!! Last time I checked we’re still playing.. enough said

Reaction Score
Kara was so obviously biased last night that I thought she was going to walk over to the UCLA bench and give them a pep talk. She was like screaming at their transition defense in the 1st quarter. Like woman calm down. I know the Uconn haters have had a good time in the tourney these last 3 years.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Jeesus people! Disengage your NFB filters or at least turn them down. Enough with the "everyone is against UConn, the refs, the in studio announcers, the color commentators, the NCAA, and probably the Pope."

Reaction Score
Personally I've come to appreciate Landers. He and Lobo and play of off each other very well now. They really do complement one another.

But Nell makes my skin crawl too. Bias aside, she needs to amp it down about three notches, as in her current form she's just painful to listen to. And frankly, I don't think the content of what she says is much better than the form.

Plus she just seems redundant in there. Three people in the studio is enough in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kara was so obviously biased last night that I thought she was going to walk over to the UCLA bench and give them a pep talk. She was like screaming at their transition defense in the 1st quarter. Like woman calm down. I know the Uconn haters have had a good time in the tourney these last 3 years.
I don’t believe Kara is a UConn hater at all just doing her job

Reaction Score
I just think it's entirely improper...and disrespectful for Andy to NOT be able to pronounce a player's name...specifically Olivia Nelson-Ododa...:mad::mad:!!! he ALWAYS gets the Ododa part WRONG...and not always the same pronunciation. Some one needs to TEACH him how to pronounce it! Heck, ANDY... Pronounce it as it's SPELLED.... O do da... it's not that difficult! I suppose when she is in the running for NPOY in a couple years he'll figure it out! Head bang:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Personally I've come to appreciate Landers. He and Lobo and play of off each other very well now. They really do complement one another.

But Nell makes my skin crawl too. Bias aside, she needs to amp it down about three notches, as in her current form she's just painful to listen to. And frankly, I don't think the content of what she says is much better than the form.

Plus she just seems redundant in there. Three people in the studio is enough in my opinion.
Landers and Lobo have seemed to work out a nice repor with each other

Reaction Score

For me it is Nell, yes, HELL NO!

Reaction Score
Andy Landers has some good stuff to say. Adding to that, my wife just loves listening to him. However, Nell Fortner is just hard on the ears period. Landers talks in a nice calm style, while it seems that Fortner always feels the need to yell her opinions across to you, and that simply does not work for me.

My wife adds she loves it when Landers and Lobo are together.

Reaction Score
Kara behaved very unprofessionally throughout the entire game. It was very disappointing to see/hear. She seemed to be very much invested in UCLA winning the game, as if she'd placed a bet on the game's outcome. From her screaming, to encouraging UCLA players to "now shoot it," to saying a play that was clearly a charge was not... ESPN as a whole is so sub-par. I wish CBS was broadcasting the women's tournament.

Reaction Score
"I'll save you, Nell!"
True, in the UCLA game, I think Kara got a bit carried away (usually the best of the best,IMO), Andy mispronounced Liv's name, and Nell isn't a UConn fan, but overall, I like the job they do, especially when you add Rebecca in there.
IllsaveyouNell.jpg

Reaction Score
If you want women's sports to grow their audience, you need better announcers than Andy and Neil. Andy tries so hard to be smooth at times he seems asleep. Neil makes comments that are just strange. While some seem to like Andy, I find the combination to rarely offer any new or creative thoughts and make me want to turn off the sound.

Reaction Score
Absolutely makes my skin crawl. There so anti UCONN is absolutely rediculious!! Stay on the SEC network please!! Just like Debbie Antonelli needs to stay on the ACC network. If I hear launders say one more thing about Katie Lou and UCONN in trouble.. bla bla.. at least Rebecca is neutral and partial. Espn is a complete joke!!!

I'm not so sure Andy is, but I do think Nell is. I also think that ESPN wants them to promote the drama of a UConn loss because it's a ratings grab. Is it annoying? You bet.

Reaction Score
I watched the ‘85 NC game recently that Andy lost.

He looked like a dead ringer for Jim Carey back then. Short straight bangs hairdo.

But,

There’s some serious resume’s being held by the folks who regularly get slammed here.

And this is not SNY where a broadcast is tailor made for UConn fans.

National audiences and first time viewers and broadcasters who don’t know the minutia of every second of a UConn season or player outnumber BYer’s.

Hell, I listened to Buck and McCarver, 2 Cardinals, call a Red Sox series crushing of their own team.

Reaction Score
Don't know where you're coming from on Andy Landers. Over the years , he has always shown great respect for UConn, and his analysis is better than anyone else , except maybe Lobo. He was a very good coach, and he knows what he's talking about. You need to listen more carefully, and not be quite so biased about UConn. This season UConn is obviously not as strong as usual, and he says so. Rebecca seems to really appreciate and respect his opinions. Fun to watch how well they get along.

Reaction Score
I really thought Kara was reacting as competitor. It is a cardinal sin to get beat down the floor. To have that happen repeatedly was maddening to her.
Sounds about right, but considering her usual excellent work, she gets a pass from me for the UCLA game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom