ESPN: 2021-22 Women's College Basketball Transfer Player Rankings | The Boneyard

ESPN: 2021-22 Women's College Basketball Transfer Player Rankings

Reaction Score
I guess with the Transfer Portal being what it has become these days, ranking team's transfer acquisitions is going to become the new team recruiting rankings. ESPN dives into this concept with its transfer player rankings. These are PLAYER, and not overall team rankings. Here is the gist of the rankings, with player profiles and reasonings to be found in the linked article:

1. Kamilla Cardoso (South Carolina, from Syracuse)
2. Jordan Lewis (Baylor, from Alabama)
3. Dorka Juhasz (Connecticut, from Ohio State)
4. Diamond Johnson (N.C. State, from Rutgers)
5. Ja'Mee Asberry (Baylor, from Oklahoma State)
6. Anastasia Hayes (Mississippi State, from Middle Tennessee)
7. Koi Love (Arizona, from Vanderbilt)
8. Emily Engstler (Louisville, from Syracuse)
9. Sasha Goforth (Arkansas, from Oregon State)
10. Endyia Rogers (Oregon, from Southern Cal)
11. Celeste Taylor (Duke, from Texas)
12. Taylor Mikesell (Ohio State, from Oregon)
13. Moon Ursin (Tulane, from Baylor via LSU)
14. Alexus Dye (Tennessee, from Troy)
15. Kiara Lewis (Clemson, from Syracuse)
16. Aliyah Matharu (Texas, from Mississippi State)
17. Christianna Carr (Syracuse, from Kansas State)
18. Angel Baker (Mississippi, from Wright State)
19. Iimar'I Thomas (UCLA, from Cincinnati)
20. Aaliyah Patty (Texas A&M, from Ohio State)
21. Chrislyn Carr (Syracuse, from Texas Tech, via Baylor)
22. Ariyah Copeland (Arizona, from Alabama)
23. Imani Lewis (Duke, from Wisconsin)
24. Nancy Mulkey (Washington, from Rice)
25. Lasha Petree (Rutgers, from Bradley)

Honorable Mention:

Jordan Hamilton, Stanford (from Northwestern), guard; Carlie Littlefield, North Carolina (from Princeton), guard; Karissa McLaughlin Marquette (from Purdue), guard; Jaz Shelley, Nebraska (from Oregon), guard; Jaelynn Penn, UCLA (from Indiana), guard

I would guess Baylor wins the overall team rankings, with two transfer acquisitions that were ranked in the top 5.....

Reaction Score
Not mentioning Angela Dugalic is an oversight IMO She brings a lot to UCLA (from Oregon) and will be a key cog in their rotation.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have a strong feeling Mulkey would end up being higher than #24 if they rerank this at the end of the year.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think that Alexus Dye transfer to Tennessee is a little low. She’s a baller and will do a lot for them offensively.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I could see that. Could Gina Conti (UCLA from Wake Forest) also be considered an oversight?

Yup. She was just named to Lieberman Watch List. Conti is one smooth operator and brings a bunch of savvy. Plus, she can get on a roll from three from time to time. Jaelynn Penn, from IU, is going to help that team, too.

Imani Lewis, playing forward, might be one of the more important transfers Duke brought aboard. She can play.

Reaction Score
Yup. She was just named to Lieberman Watch List. Conti is one smooth operator and brings a bunch of savvy. Plus, she can get on a roll from three from time to time. Jaelynn Penn, from IU, is going to help that team, too.

Imani Lewis, playing forward, might be one of the more important transfers Duke brought aboard. She can play.
I'm surprised Conti didn't get an honourable mention at minimum.

Reaction Score
Not mentioning Angela Dugalic is an oversight IMO She brings a lot to UCLA (from Oregon) and will be a key cog in their rotation.
Dugalic didn’t get a lot of playing time her frosh year at Oregon so she didn’t have the stats to make ESPN’s list. Agree that she should make a big leap forward this season, especially with Bessoir out. Dugalic got great experience this past summer playing with the Serbian Senior National Team at the Eurobasket Tournament and at the Tokyo Olympic Games. She represents a huge get for UCLA as it needs tall inside players.

As has been stated many times these preseason lists generate clicks and discussion only. We will know who the top transfers are by season’s end.

Reaction Score
Madison Hayes who left Mississippi state for NC state isn’t on the list and that’s crazy to me. She showed a lot of potential last year and could thrive under the right system. She is more likely to have an impact than her old teammate Matharu at Texas.

Reaction Score
Dugalic didn’t get a lot of playing time her frosh year at Oregon so she didn’t have the stats to make ESPN’s list. Agree that she should make a big leap forward this season, especially with Bessoir out. Dugalic got great experience this past summer playing with the Serbian Senior National Team at the Eurobasket Tournament and at the Tokyo Olympic Games. She represents a huge get for UCLA as it needs tall inside players.

As has been stated many times these preseason lists generate clicks and discussion only. We will know who the top transfers are by season’s end.
I was surprised that she did not get that much playing time at Oregon. At the beginning of the year she made an impact in the little court time they gave her. I can certainly understand why she transfered out. She is starter not the back up she would have been had she stayed.

Reaction Score
I was surprised that she did not get that much playing time at Oregon. At the beginning of the year she made an impact in the little court time they gave her. I can certainly understand why she transfered out. She is starter not the back up she would have been had she stayed.
Dugalic showed flashes during her time on the court but for whatever reason Coach Graves did not play her much, especially later in the season. Graves is an excellent coach and fantastic recruiter but last (regular) season was not one of his better ones. He said that trying to split minutes among his deep roster of young McDonald All-Americans contributed to the team's struggles as the season progressed. Losing Paopao made the situation worse. But Oregon played well in the tourney, easily besting a good South Dakota team, beating #10 Georgia before losing to #8 Louisville in the Sweet Sixteen.

As I understand it, Dugalic committed to Oregon during or right after her official visit. I don't think she ever made an official to UCLA. She seems quite satisfied with her decision to transfer. She and several teammates seemed to spend a bit of time at Coach Cori's home this summer and early autumn....

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Nancy Mulkey at 24??? Put Mulkey in a school without a Center, like MSU for instance, and that would elevate us to being able to compete with anyone.... we're essentially one player away.

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Dugalic showed flashes during her time on the court but for whatever reason Coach Graves did not play her much, especially later in the season. Graves is an excellent coach and fantastic recruiter but last (regular) season was not one of his better ones. He said that trying to split minutes among his deep roster of young McDonald All-Americans contributed to the team's struggles as the season progressed. Losing Paopao made the situation worse. But Oregon played well in the tourney, easily besting a good South Dakota team, beating #10 Georgia before losing to #8 Louisville in the Sweet Sixteen.

As I understand it, Dugalic committed to Oregon during or right after her official visit. I don't think she ever made an official to UCLA. She seems quite satisfied with her decision to transfer. She and several teammates seemed to spend a bit of time at Coach Cori's home this summer and early autumn....
As I understand it, the fact that she was quite close to one (or both) of the assistant coaches who left the team at the end of last season also played a role in her decision.

Reaction Score
I like Asberry’s game, but does anyone else think she is a tad too high at #5?

Reaction Score
I would put Celeste Taylor #1 on the list.

She started for the U.S. team which was loaded with talent.

Reaction Score
I would put Celeste Taylor #1 on the list.

She started for the U.S. team which was loaded with talent.
Don’t know where she goes on the list but I have seen Taylor be consistently underrated IMO. She struggled last year with injuries, the Covid year, and adjusting to a new coaching staff, but came through for Texas’ late season run. She was the only non-South Carolina player named to the All-Hemisphere region NCAA tournament team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don’t know where she goes on the list but I have seen Taylor be consistently underrated IMO. She struggled last year with injuries, the Covid year, and adjusting to a new coaching staff, but came through for Texas’ late season run. She was the only non-South Carolina player named to the All-Hemisphere region NCAA tournament team.

I know you can't gather much from one exhibition game, but I really liked what I saw from Taylor.

Reaction Score
I would at least mention Quay Miller going from Washington to Colorado.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Koi Love is absolutely NOT living up to being #7 on this list. Almost no impact in 2 games so far. Copeland has been much better for Arizona.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Elizabeth Balogun is an impact transfer... she an Taylor will be the foundation of this team. On the other hand... Imani Lewis has had an odd beginning... she didnt play much, in the exhibition game.. and was unimpressive in my opinion. Opening game.. she was player of the game.. with 16 points, 4 steals, and 6 rebounds in 15 minutes. In tonight's game... she doesn't log any minutes at all.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom