2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Official Visit | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Official Visit

Reaction Score
the original Reibe thread is locked for some strange reason(what a shock)

Mod edit: The last Reibe thread was locked because it was a month and a 1/2 old.

You found something new, and posted a new thread. That's how it's supposed to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
interesting he has a list of 11 schools but only scheduling 6 OVs. did he already take a creighton OV etc?

reibe or bundalo are my top wants among our frontcourt targets. 7 footers that can play as a stretch 4 or 5

Last edited:
Reaction Score
did he already take a creighton OV?

my top want among our frontcourt targets. a 7 footer that can play as a stretch 4 or 5
I'm assuming the Creighton visit Biancardi referenced in his tweet was an ov since it took place from May 5th-7th

awy

Reaction Score
creighton is pretty good at utilizing him on offense but it's interesting that he mentioned clingan for his uconn snip. in a recent interview he mentioned defense as his feedback focus from nba scouts. there's nowhere better to learn how to defend as a big.

awy

Reaction Score
that's just their pitch to him. also he mentioned his passing as underrated. can operate from the same area of the floor as clingan

Reaction Score
Sounds like a Danny Wolf who can also play defense. Sign me up.
Wolf is fairly oger-ish. Totally lacks athleticism. After the post about him being a target went up, watched him play and came away unimpressed. He’s big and has some skill, which did well in the Ivy, but we saw what he was in the NCAA tourney against real competition. An SDSU team ate him alive. He went a collective 6-24 from field in those two games, as a big. He just ain’t that good.

Not sure what makes Creighton attractive as Kalk may be leaving a spot open, but he’s also a kid that can’t get drafted at a 7 footer.

Reaction Score
He’s really good, but not my cup of tea as a 5. Could he be more of a 4, a 5lite?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I can't find the recruiting targets thread.

Wonder if we make a move on Ben Ahmed if we miss on Reibe?

Reaction Score
He's not a 4.

What don't you like about him?
Somehow reminds me of Kalkbrenner, and I don’t like his game, and doesn’t remind me of SANOGO, whom I love. I’m a little biased towards old school centers, and I still can’t wrap my head around 7’4 guys shooting 3’s.

Totally irrational evaluation process I’ll be the first to admit. That being said, if Reibe committed tomorrow, es war bin SEHR GUT! His skills are really impressive, and, well he is 7’ tall.

Reaction Score
Somehow reminds me of Kalkbrenner, and I don’t like his game, and doesn’t remind me of SANOGO, whom I love. I’m a little biased towards old school centers, and I still can’t wrap my head around 7’4 guys shooting 3’s.

Totally irrational evaluation process I’ll be the first to admit. That being said, if Reibe committed tomorrow, es war bin SEHR GUT! His skills are really impressive, and, well he is 7’ tall.
He seems to me to be a bit like Porzingis.

Reaction Score
He seems to me to be a bit like Porzingis.
Yes, I see that. Big Knicks fan and had hoped he would lead us to the promised land. Watched him with Celts some this year, and would like if he was still a Knick, but don’t think he is the “missing piece”

Reaction Score
Not sure we view Bundalo as a center.
Probably not until he gains 30 pounds, so maybe only as an upperclassmen like Samson (if he'd stay in college or on our team that long). But his freshman year we'd have Reed/Singare and he could probably be a 3rd emergency center (like a bigger version of the role Karaban played this year).

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
As a long time UConn fan I would take him if he is comparable to Porzingis. He can shoot, pass, rebound, and plays decent defense

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
After the fiasco with kid who chose Duke after trolling us….i really don’t care what the prevailing opinion is, him visiting while we were playing football against the school he was always going to choose showed a lack of class. I have decided not to spend any of my time thinking about potential recruits.

It is a waste of time even more so because every visit a kid makes is really a leverage move.

Kudos to those of you who are still getting emotionally invested in our recruits. I think the program needs the fans to show some interest but I am not going to be one of those fans.

Since the issue I mentioned above occurred I have decided not to get invested until the player commits.

Everything else is just playing into the whole leverage game.

No matter what happens over the next five years or as long as Hurley stays we will be top ten every year IMO.

Although I forget the great Lombardi quote I think it goes something like, the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary

awy

Reaction Score
what are you talking about lol. uconn has the upper hand in the comparison with the staff, duke's window is literally 1 year.

winning solves all ills, it'll solve this one as well.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
what are you talking about lol. uconn has the upper hand in the comparison with the staff, duke's window is literally 1 year.

winning solves all ills, it'll solve this one as well.
If you are responding to my post that is exactly what I said. Don’t care about recruits until they sign.

And it makes no difference because with Hurley coaching we will be competitive every year for a BE title and high tournament seed.

My only point about recruits is that IMO it is a waste of energy trying to read the tea leafs on social media posts to make predictions were a kid is going to choose to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom