Eric Devendorf doing something good | The Boneyard

Eric Devendorf doing something good

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Top 2, not 2 most hated players in my UConn fandom history.

Good on him for doing some good in this world.

Reaction Score
He was a very good college basketball player and he seems like a good guy too.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Didn't like him as a player, but he was good. Still remember the prayer three he threw in in the 6 OT game that almost won it, just a microsecond late.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Didn't like him as a player, but he was good. Still remember the prayer three he threw in in the 6 OT game that almost won it, just a microsecond late.

In retrospect I wish it counted.

Wouldve saved me 30 minutes Game time (read almost 2 more hours) of pure nightmare hell in MSG. I still dont fathom why any UConn fan looks at that game fondly. In reality what that game is was a way to relive George Mason at 4-5 different buzzers. Thanks no thanks.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He was a very good college basketball player and he seems like a good guy too.

I dno how much I agree with those things ... but maybe he's a good dude now. Always seemed like an AH in the past.

Reaction Score
Good for him.

Regardless, this doesn't even belong on the taint of this message board.
Yeah, I put OT in the subject line but forgot that you need to do that in the dropdown menu or else the OT disappears. I'm sorry the subject did not meet your approval or interest. I'll try better next time.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yeah, I put OT in the subject line but forgot that you need to do that in the dropdown menu or else the OT disappears. I'm sorry the subject did not meet your approval or interest. I'll try better next time.

I don't think he meant that with any malice, more tongue in cheek because we hate Devendorf, so highlighting his positives are not what we should be doing, wink wink.

Reaction Score
Saw this article on ESPN.com. Nice to know he's doing something good for people. I always figured he'd be in jail by now. :)

Devendorf was an ah*%e but he bought it every game. The kind of player you love to hate, but deep down you knew he could hit that dagger trey that makes you lose.
A Nova friend of mine hated KEA for those same reasons, which always made me extremely happy!

Reaction Score
In retrospect I wish it counted.

Wouldve saved me 30 minutes Game time (read almost 2 more hours) of pure nightmare hell in MSG. I still dont fathom why any UConn fan looks at that game fondly. In reality what that game is was a way to relive George Mason at 4-5 different buzzers. Thanks no thanks.
The only enjoyment we should get out of that game is that it's the second greatest achievement for that program, they still wear 6 OT shirts to this day. Uconn had about 8 times they should've won that one.

Reaction Score
There’s way too much of a love fest going on here for this particular Syracuse player.

Good deed aside, let’s not forget that he punched woman in the head while at Syracuse and would have been suspended the entire season if not for for Jim Boeheim flexing his moral-less muscle. People can definitely change but unfortunately domestic violence isn’t usually a one off.

Plus, the real crime was how awful his pale raggedy Andy looked with all of those tattoos;)

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
There’s way too much of a love fest going on here for this particular Syracuse player.

Good deed aside, let’s not forget that he punched woman in the head while at Syracuse and would have been suspended the entire season if not for for Jim Boeheim flexing his moral-less muscle. People can definitely change but unfortunately domestic violence isn’t usually a one off.

Plus, the real crime was how awful his pale raggedy Andy looked with all of those tattoos;)

Awful tattoos too ...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The only enjoyment we should get out of that game is that it's the second greatest achievement for that program, they still wear 6 OT shirts to this day. Uconn had about 8 times they should've won that one.
Didn’t trail until the 6th OT SMDH. It is absolutely number 2 on their list after their title.

Reaction Score
Saw this article on ESPN.com. Nice to know he's doing something good for people. I always figured he'd be in jail by now. :)

I got paired up with a random during a golf round on Sunday. Guy has on a cuse hat and we got to talking about the 6 OT game etc. and how he was there. He then proceeded to tell me about how Devendorf was not a good dude FWIW.

Reaction Score
I got paired up with a random during a golf round on Sunday. Guy has on a cuse hat and we got to talking about the 6 OT game etc. and how he was there. He then proceeded to tell me about how Devendorf was not a good dude FWIW.
Not surprised. I work with someone who was at Syracuse when Devendorf was there. He has plenty of stories.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom