Eric Cobb Highlights | The Boneyard

Eric Cobb Highlights

Reaction Score
1. Nice to have some new video.
2. The lack of D at the juco level never fails to disappoint.
3. Cobb is lighter on his feet than I expected.
4. Not going to get much offensively out of him but hopefully he can box out, get so boards and follow simple defensive rotations.

pj

Reaction Score
A big man who can pass. A nice job of getting position and presenting himself on an inbounds play to take advantage of a defensive lapse. Nice wide body. I think I was right when I predicted he would start over Enoch, were they both here. Obviously needs some development and to prove he can keep up the intensity for 20+ minutes and we'll see how he can do against D1 defenders, but he was a good get by the coaching staff.

Last edited:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
<full mixtape disclaimer with this statement>

On the second play of that video I made a little noise

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
His ball handeling is better than I expected. Also, it looks like he's got pretty good/strong hands. I feel like we haven't had a big that would could rely on to catch a pass cleanly or rip down a rebound in a while.

Reaction Score
Some thing there to like. But the tape looks sped up, giving illusion he's quicker maybe ?

Reaction Score
He looks fluid and fairly long, but with almost 0 lift. Below the rim guy unless he's completely wide open. Footwork didn't impress either. They don't really show rebounding in these kinds of videos, so hopefully he can use that butt, because that's where we need him this year.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
My biggest takeaway, and something that will translate to high-major D1 ball is he is always looking for the outlet/pass ahead. That's something Brimah REALLY struggled with, he could not pass. He would be desperately looking for someone to hand the ball off to after getting a board and often couldn't make anything happen. Cobb looks like a very willing and able passer. Remember how good Josh Boone and Charlie V were at passing? Promising looks from Cobb here.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I also see a lot of Gary Clark in him. If we can get half the production Gary Clark gives Cincy, we found a winner.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. Actually grabbed a rebound and looked up court vice standing waiting to hand ball off to a guard. Good.

2. Used his body to gain position in the post. Good.

3. Grabbed an offensive rebound, kept ball above shoulders and put it back. Good.

Hope it translates to D1 bball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My biggest takeaway, and something that will translate to high-major D1 ball is he is always looking for the outlet/pass ahead. That's something Brimah REALLY struggled with, he could not pass. He would be desperately looking for someone to hand the ball off to after getting a board and often couldn't make anything happen. Cobb looks like a very willing and able passer. Remember how good Josh Boone and Charlie V were at passing? Promising looks from Cobb here.

You post hadn't loaded when I started typing mine.

Absolutely agree with looking to outlet pass vice stand and hand off.

Reaction Score
I mean he's looks a lot better than i thought he was. He's much more than just a big body

Reaction Score
Hard to evaluate what will translate to this level but I wasn't expecting to see that kind of skillset. I was expecting to see a big bodied stiff, the first couple of plays with him advancing the ball up court by himself and making those kinds of passes off the dribble threw me for a loop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom