EPL Weekends | The Boneyard

EPL Weekends

Reaction Score
Arsenal jumped ahead early; but a defensive lapse has allowed Bradley's Swansea team to claw back and only trail 2 to 1 at Emirates.

Leicester's dream season, at least in the EPL, appears over as they fall 3-0 against Chelski.

Reaction Score
I've got so much crap going on during the weekends this summer/fall I haven't had a chance to watch many EPL games. Caught Spurs v City a couple weeks ago, and bits of pieces of other games the past 2 months, but that is it for the season. Hard to tell who is playing well, etc... The top of the league seems to be pretty balanced (City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, and United... maybe Southampton), we'll see how long that lasts. It could set up for a fun/intense April and May.

Reaction Score
I've got so much crap going on during the weekends this summer/fall I haven't had a chance to watch many EPL games. Caught Spurs v City a couple weeks ago, and bits of pieces of other games the past 2 months, but that is it for the season. Hard to tell who is playing well, etc... The top of the league seems to be pretty balanced (City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, and United... maybe Southampton), we'll see how long that lasts. It could set up for a fun/intense April and May.

Same for me. It's a shame because it looks pretty exciting. I stay abreast watching MiB.

I actually have been watching a little more Bundesliga instead and the contrast in play style between the two leagues is pretty striking.

Both are fun to watch but I like how the German clubs just go for it.

Reaction Score

I can relate. I am coaching 2 soccer teams and my older son also plays club baseball. Luckily, all of those games have 12 PM or later starts on Saturday and Sunday and Arsenal has been on at 9 a few times. Baseball ends in 2 weeks along with 1 of the soccer teams while the other holds on until just before Turkey day. I get 2 weeks off, then basketball begins.

PS - I have to go to London for work in January. I may just have to make sure my trip coincides with a home match for Arsenal.

Reaction Score
Credit to Middlesborough, they played a very disciplined game in back and took advantage of Arsenal's laziness with Traore having the center backs' lunch several timed. The Gunners were lucky to be tied at half with some major heroics from Cech. They played much better in the second half. But, 'borough loaded the box and behind solid play from Valdes and some unfortunate bounces, kept it deadlocked. Luckily, no one else had much luck either and now Arsenal sits on top of the standings with Liverpool and ahead on GD with the Spurs and Man City just a point behind.

Reaction Score
My son is seriously questioning loyalty to Man U. We just bought him a winter jacket with the crest so he'd better stick with them for a while. That is a bad team. Ibrahimovic looked like an old guy that could be shipped to MLS in the near future.

Reaction Score
My son is seriously questioning loyalty to Man U. We just bought him a winter jacket with the crest so he'd better stick with them for a while. That is a bad team. Ibrahimovic looked like an old guy that could be shipped to MLS in the near future.

Sounds like you have a very smart boy there :cool:

Reaction Score
European playing is taking its toll on EPL teams. Only 1 of the 6 involved in mid-week Europe league matches got a win (LC). 4 draws and a massive loss for the other 5.

Reaction Score
I haven't been paying attention. Is Jose going to be fired or not?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Jose off to a slow start. Team not jelling, not playing attacking football. He parked the bus at Anfield which did not fly well with Sir Alex fans. Home tie to Burnley didn't help either. He got ejected to the stands so while he isn't in any trouble, the Man U fans aren't happy and the haters are loving it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom