EPL week 1 | The Boneyard

EPL week 1

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I didn't get to watch more than a few minutes of any games this weekend (caught 10 minutes of United v Bournemouth Sunday morning). Based solely on results and what little I read, United may be a beast (we'll see over time), to say Arsenal has a depleted back line is an under statement, Spurs are picking up this season how they finished last seasons.... flat, and Leicester may have a bit of a hangover (losing away to Hull, and they get Arsenal at home next weekend.

Did anyone catch much of the action? Anyone/anything really stand out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The clock struck midnight for Leicester. Losing to Hull was embarrassing. My two sides look to be the class of the league (L'pool. Man U.).

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I didn't get to watch more than a few minutes of any games this weekend (caught 10 minutes of United v Bournemouth Sunday morning). Based solely on results and what little I read, United may be a beast (we'll see over time), to say Arsenal has a depleted back line is an under statement, Spurs are picking up this season how they finished last seasons.... flat, and Leicester may have a bit of a hangover (losing away to Hull, and they get Arsenal at home next weekend.

Did anyone catch much of the action? Anyone/anything really stand out.

Arsenal dominated for most of the half; but, could not find the back of the net more than once. Then, Liverpool gets a lucky call and capitalizes on one heck of a free kick just before half. That stokes the Red Sox and they hang 4 on Arsenal before they re-group and get two back. Good 50 minutes of effort in a 90 minute game.

They could really use a top flight striker and central defensive help and have the money to do so; but, Wegner seems to want to make sure Arsenal's glories are more about the 'team' and him than the talent on the field. Basically a repeat of last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom