Reaction Score
I'll go with
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Man U
6. Chelsea

(actually probably 3 and 4 the other way, but something prevents me from doing so)

Relegation???? Brighton, Watford and.....Southampton.

Reaction Score
Man City should win the league easily this year, barring a rash of major injuries. Liverpool should be behind them, especially if Salah is back to top form.

I think the rest of the league is wide-open. Arsenal has a new manger and it will take time to settle in plus Emery will need a year or two to bring in his players. That said, they will be more stable and defensively oriented compared to past year. Chelsea needs an infusion of youth. Tottenham did not really upgrade at all while Man U has talent on offense; but, their are a circus right now.

I think this will allow for a surprise team to crack the top 4, such as Crystal Palace, Burnley, or even Fulham, who has spent a boat load of Pounds in the off-season (they could crash and burn too if the pieces do not fit).

At the bottom, I see Hunddersfield and Cardiff fighting to stay-up one more season with Watford, Southhampton, and Newcastle also in the mix.

Reaction Score
Liverpool crushed West Ham, who could be looking at relegation if they repeat last year's performance. Watching my 'new' Arsenal team right now, Man City leads deserving 1-0 in London. City has had more chances and looks solid on defenses; but, they have made some rough tackles and Arsenal has had a chance or to. I think it will be at least 1 full season until Emery will have the players he wants.

Outside of the EPL, beIN sports appears to be carrying Ligue 1 games this season as I caught Olympique Lyon take care of Amiens today on a pitch that needs a little TLC.

Reaction Score
Man City
L'pool
Spurs
Man U

Saw Yedlin went down yesterday. Any update?

Reaction Score
Man City
Saw Yedlin went down yesterday. Any update?

Local reports advise that he is still being evaluated; but, the initial prognosis is not good ...

"The USA international was still being assessed but United don’t expect a quick recovery for Yedlin meaning either Javier Manquillo or Jamie Sterry are now in contention for a run the side."

Reaction Score
Rafa Benitez would be a good USMNT coach imo.

He gets it done at big clubs and places like Newcastle.

Fair chance we’ll end up with Caleb Porter instead.

Reaction Score
Poor Yedlin. OG to sink Newcastle. They almost had the draw

Reaction Score
That hurts so bad, yet makes me so happy. :rolleyes:

if the Glazer family does not do something about Mourinho soon, the old Wenger most go/fired/retiree banners are going to be updated and flow around Old Trafford soon. Of course it being Man U, I don't feel an ounce of pity. Of course, the Spurs would like the opportunity to hang any banners up on their home pitch, if they had one.

Reaction Score
The UK sporting press is even more overdramatic than the one here. Spurs didn't sign anyone. Boo Hoo. No one left from the team that, over the last 3 years, has been as good as anyone in the league and their are no huge holes to fill.

Will Spurs challenge City -- and maybe Liverpool -- for the title this year. Maybe not. But with the #6 financial base, well behind the top 3, they will continue to punch well above their weight. And if they get some breaks ....

Reaction Score
Spurs didn't sign anyone. Boo Hoo. No one left from the team that, over the last 3 years, has been as good as anyone in the league and their are no huge holes to fill.

Very true. And they won without Sonny, the most joyful player in the league! Looks like Toby will stay at this point?

Will be interesting to see how things play out with Champions League and EPL if they have a chance to win both. Do they go all in on one or the other or risk wearing down during both? Maybe we'll get an indicator when the winter transfer window opens.

Reaction Score
Very true. And they won without Sonny, the most joyful player in the league! Looks like Toby will stay at this point?

Will be interesting to see how things play out with Champions League and EPL if they have a chance to win both. Do they go all in on one or the other or risk wearing down during both? Maybe we'll get an indicator when the winter transfer window opens.

Given that they have Sanchez on the bench, if someone pays a ridiculous amount for Toby, he'll be gone. Either in the next few days (which looks doubtful) or in January. Otherwise, he'll play out the year. Obviously I'd rather he stays but if they get a ridiculous amount for a guy leaving after this season anyway, what can you do.

I'm sure they are not prioritizing Barclays over Champions League, or vice versa, at this point. You may do so in 2019 depending on how things go. For now, I'm sure they are focused primarily on getting to the first international break unblemished and not much beyond.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The UK sporting press is even more overdramatic than the one here. Spurs didn't sign anyone. Boo Hoo.

Do you still feel the same way? And why didn't Harry Kane play today?

Reaction Score
I thought we sucked today. Do I think that means we can't compete? Nope. I don't understand why we played a formation we never played before with 3 defensive midfielders.

It's a long, almost never ending season. Plenty of time to right the ship. And it would help if they could end the stadium drama

Reaction Score
Arsenal won 2-1 over Newcastle. Did not see the game as it was only available on NBC Gold, which I am not paying for. Lacazette and Aubameyang where on the field together for once. There was an Özil sighting. Xhaka did something besides getting carded. Torreira again proves that he should be starting. And the Gunners still have issues with the back four.

Anyone see how Yedlin played?

Reaction Score
I’m a Liverpool fan and i’m extremely happy about the result, but my Dad is a Spurs fan so I root for then against anyone else. With that being said, Dier, to me, should not be a starter. I never see him do anything that really helps the team much, his passing is often too heavy and not accurate. Wanyama is a much better player, for me.

Reaction Score
The UK sporting press is even more overdramatic than the one here. ..

This is a comical understatement. The UK press is literally the worst. They are neither knowledgeable or rational.

I’ve been following the fanboy UK sporting press since forever. Lewis Hamilton barely had half a season in F1 before they proclaimed him “better than Senna”.

And the fact that they have two Tour de France “winners” now is even more excruciating.

I am certain that if you looked for it you could find some British writer wondering out loud if Harry Kane is better than Messi.

Reaction Score
A clean sheet for Arsenal today with a 2-0 win over Everton after a very slow start. Aubameyang and Lacazette need to be on the pitch at the same time, all of the time. I do hope that Sokratis' injury is not serious.

PS - the bad run for USMNT's McKennie continues as he picked-up a nasty bone bruise on an errant kick by Rodriguez, could have been a lot worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom