Episode VII --- No Spoilers | The Boneyard

Episode VII --- No Spoilers

Reaction Score
I liked it. The acting was ten times better than the prequels, and it left me wanting more. That's all I will say until others see it for themselves.

Reaction Score
I liked it. The acting was ten times better than the prequels, and it left me wanting more. That's all I will say until others see it for themselves.
I agree. MUCH better than prequels. It'd be hard not to be. They were really hard to follow I thought. Yeah. I'm already hanging on for the next one. Will prob go see this a few more times in the theater.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
It was an enjoyable movie. JJ said it was written to "delight" and I think he achieved that. Good actions scenes, light hearted, and great characters. I think the best part was the casting of Rey, Finn and Kylo. 3 very good actors w/ bright futures. I honestly could have just watched Rey and Finn run around together for 2 hours and enjoyed it. I had a couple minor gripes, but overall cant complain - especially when compared to the prequels.

Reaction Score
The lightheadedness really reckoned back to the mood of the originals. Comic relief without Jar Jar bashing you over the head with it. JJ Abrams basically did what the new James Bond movies fail to do---follow the proven model, which made the series so popular to begin with.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It was far better than any of the prequels and likely #3 (after Empire Strikes Back & New Hope) of all SW movies. My biggest gripe (without giving anything away) was that a very climactic scene could have been disguised better.

Reaction Score
It was far better than any of the prequels and likely #3 (after Empire Strikes Back & New Hope) of all SW movies. My biggest gripe (without giving anything away) was that a very climactic scene could have been disguised better.

I have thoughts on this that I am going to post in the spoilers thread because we have some hardcore fans who can read through the lines. Or will try.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Did you see it in 3D, IMax?

I saw it in 3D - not IMax. Honestly, I had some issues w/ the 3D. Maybe because I wear glasses, or maybe the theater wasn't set up quite right. Nothing too bad though. If you see it in 2D, I dont think you are missing anything. That being said I want to go see it in IMax 3D next.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
LESS THE 24 HOURS!!! God I can't wait....I wanna participate in the movie talk but obviously am NOT going to spoil it. Seeing the movie in 2D because I find 3D to be silly and I hate wearing the glasses.

I put up a sign in my classroom today alerting my 4th graders that any talk of Star Wars that spoils it for me will result in being removed from the classroom....via second floor window :D

Reaction Score
I enjoyed it and will rank it either #2 or #3. I actually need to see it again in a few weeks when the crowd will be less rowdy and my kids won't be asking 10,000 questions and see it is IMAX. Figure a long lunch break at work during the Holiday week when no one will be in the office and head over the Empire on 34th or Regal in Battery Park city will do.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just saw it this morning in a "regular" theater (sans 3D or IMAX) and absolutely LOVED it. 10am movie and the theater was still 3/4 full.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If anyone has the option to go to the AMC theater in Plainville and go to the theaters with the recliners DO IT! Other AMCs may have the same thing. Wow! Never been more comfortable at a movie in my life. All seats are recliners and super plush. Large arm rests and tons of room. Being 6'5" I usually feel crampt at movies and always a little self conscious of the people being able to see behind me, even with stadium seating. In this theater I was able to put the foot rest up, recline, and still have plenty of room for people to walk past. Plus, the recliners are in groups of two where the middle arm rest can come up and you can have your significant other closer, if you want that! :cool:

Plus, you pick your seat so no need to show up early if you pre-order tickets. Was able to by pass the line out the door for the IMAX showing where folks were probably waiting for well over an hour. Showed up 15 minutes before the show, walked right in, and had my seats already saved.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I saw it in 3D - not IMax. Honestly, I had some issues w/ the 3D. Maybe because I wear glasses, or maybe the theater wasn't set up quite right. Nothing too bad though. If you see it in 2D, I dont think you are missing anything. That being said I want to go see it in IMax 3D next.

I thought your avatar was wearing sunglasses. Didn't realize they were prescription.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I saw it in 3D - not IMax. Honestly, I had some issues w/ the 3D. Maybe because I wear glasses,

I wear glasses with progressive lenses and obviously wear the 3D glasses over them. The key for me is sitting at an elevation where my head is aligned so that I am looking through the top of my glasses (where the distance prescription is) in order to see the screen.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed it and will rank it either #2 or #3. I actually need to see it again in a few weeks when the crowd will be less rowdy and my kids won't be asking 10,000 questions and see it is IMAX. Figure a long lunch break at work during the Holiday week when no one will be in the office and head over the Empire on 34th or Regal in Battery Park city will do.
I bought a ticket for the AMC Empire on Tuesday night. Will be seeing it in their AMC Prime w/ Dolby Surround theater (2D). Really looking forward to it.

In a couple weeks I'll then see it again at one of the few (15!) IMAX theaters in the country showing it in actual 70mm format.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big 3-D guy but I thought it was great in 3D. Went to the Plainville Imax and it was very impressive.

Although I didn't get those nice recliners. When I bring the wife and kids I'll probably "suffer" through a recliner movie.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Went to the theater in Milford for the non-3D screen (person in my party averse to 3D). Will be watching it again with the niece and nephew on XMas, possibly 3D to compare. Lots of families today but the audience was good. Parking at the mall the last shopping weekend before XMas was a beyatch though.

I liked the recliners at the new theater in North Haven but when I went to Plainville, people couldn't figure out their seat assignments. Luckily it was not a sold out show so I just grabbed some empty seats.

Reaction Score
Just came from the mall in Milford. 3D IMAX. Great movie. I sat too close though. I really can't find fault with any of it. Well done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom