Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jerry Seinfeld before he was famous. He was engaged to my cousin and I met him at my uncle's home. Also, Eric Burdon this past July. We were staying at the same hotel and I ran into him in the lobby. I complimented him on the show and he put his hand on my shoulder and said "thanks mate."

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I also forgot one. I ran lights for, and met, Stevie Wonder. Now, mind you, his daughter (yes, Aisha) went to my high school.

Reaction Score
...and of course plenty of us had seen Michael Bolotin (later to become Michael Bolton) playing in clubs throughout CT

Reaction Score
My god..How could I forget...Kenny Rogers...Had dinner with him and his band in a Mexican restaurant in Dallas Tx. He was with the First Edition at the time. He is a real kook, but a friendly guy.
My son and I shared a post show meal with Richie Havens. What a terrifically gentle soul!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Not me, but a guy I worked for used to frequent Mohegan, and loaned Manute Bol $200 one night. Manute gave him his card, wrote IOU $200 on the back ad signed it, took Herb's card and promptly lost the money in five minutes at a blackjack table. Shrugged his shoulders and left, telling Herb he would send him the money the next week.

He didn't and he passed just a few months later.

Herb ended up selling the card to a sports memorabilia collector for (I think it was) fifty bucks.

Reaction Score
With my 3 high school friends chatted with Carly Simon in Vineyard Haven summer of '78 waiting for hubby James Taylor who picked her up in a yellow cab. She was 33, with a warm personality, memorable voice and a lovely sight.

Reaction Score
Ray Knight (from the '86 Mets)
Chris Dodd
Josh Boone
shook Calhoun's hand at the airport when they returned from beating Gonzaga to get to their 1st FF
Randy Edsall (awkward congratulating someone for a good season while he's taking a wiz in the men's room) lol
Kevin Dineen (just for the autograph)
Chuck Kaiton (former Whalers radio voice)
this past summer Peter Good (graphic designer who created the Whalers' classic logo)

Didn't meet but have seen some ESPN heads around the Bristol area over the years (Stuart Scott (RIP), Cris Carter, Mike Ditka, Charley Steiner)

that, that's about it.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Had some beers with kato kaelin in Newport Beach once.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I saw Ivan Putski wrestle Jesse The Body at Stamford High on Polish Night. Guess who won? But The Body deserved it, he only had one move; choking Putski with the tag team rope that just happened to be attached one match too early
Waq, you're from Stamford? If that was around 1976 I was there as well (Putski was among the bigger names at that event). I think Superstar Billy Graham was the biggest name that night.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I've played pickup with Ray Allen at LA Fitness

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
I was fortunate to meet Sir John Mills and his wife, along with the new appointed Governor of Australia and wife while sailing from Southampton, England to Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. back in the 70's. They sat at my table, and this was when he was preparing to film a movie in the USA with Lee Marvin and Jane Fonda. Also as a 9yr., I met Mamie Eisenhower, her chauffer had to gas up the Limo at my parent's Gas Station & Restaurant in Groton on the day of the Nautilus launch. She had to use our restroom. Interesting I don't remember seeing any secret service agents with her. And now the season is awaiting us GO HUSKIES! Mrs. Dribbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom