Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Forgot the new girlfriend's job ...

I recently met Gigi Hadid, Ginta Lapina & Dakota Fanning.

Somebody has to tailor clothes before fashion shoots - and I hang after hours for free wine & beer. I would not know any of these women 3 months ago; but, my college age daughter is impressed.

Reaction Score
Aaron Hernandez - Charlotte Airport

You're lucky to be alive.

Pierre Sprey, Ron Carter, Chico Hamilton, Amy Brenneman (always a sweetheart), Kelly Masterson (screenplay for "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead"), Victor Gerena, Jeff Davidson, prolific author ("The Joy of Simple Living")

You're even luckier to be alive

Brownie

"Sword of God"
Reaction Score
Was fortunate to meet and hang for about 30 minutes with Katie Holmes in a bar in Dublin. Spent some time with Adam Duritz and the rest of the Counting Crows after a show once. Have also met Joe Namath, Shabazz, Donny Marshall and Ray Davies (one of my all-time heroes).

Reaction Score
I once presented at a Microsoft conference just before Bill Gates. We shook hands as we passed as I came off the stage, and he said, "Nice job," though I doubt he saw any of my presentation. From the business world, I also worked with Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix briefly in his venture prior to Netflix. Very bright guy, obviously.

I've also briefly met Mick Jagger and Carlos Santana (separately) while in lounges at LAX. And I had a chat with Steve Guttenberg (of Police Academy and Cocoon fame) at LAX a couple of years ago waiting for the same flight to NY. He had the impression I was "in the biz" and seemed to be looking for a job. All of them were cordial and accommodating.

I was in a Boston club once with friends at the height of the Bird-era Celtics' run when Robert Parrish and his entourage came in. As a Lakers fan, I, of course, sneered at him. :)
As a tween, I met Willis Reed when his son was in my church confirmation with me. As a Lakers fan, I, of course, sneered at him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Got a very short list from my wife. It doesn't include everyone she met on a backstage pass. Dolly Parton used to call her house to talk to her dad. Super nice lady it seems.

Tony Orlando
Rick Ocasik and Ben Orr and Elliot Easton of the Cars (multiple times)
Peter Wolf (multiple times)
Cindi Lauper
Ray Davies, Ian gibbon and Jim Roderick of The Kinks
Tom Petty
Journey (all)
Chris Issak
Cindy Lauper
John Schneider
Cheap Trick (all)
Melissa Ethridge
Del Fuegos (all)
Peter Gabriel
Kiss - Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley
Dolly Parton
Conway Twitty
Ronnie McDowell

Reaction Score
My boyhood idol - Willie Mays. Thanks to my son who dragged me out to the ball park. Dude must have been in his mid 70's and still had an amazingly strong handshake.

Reaction Score
I skied with Clint Eastwood Beaver Creek, like 20 years ago.

Reaction Score
Jerry Seinfeld. He was engaged to my cousin in the mid-80s before he became famous.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, I found out this week, a couple who won Amazing Race goes to my church and I see them every week. They are friends of some of our friends and I've probably met them. One of the couple actually won it a second time in one of those all-star events.

I Google Amazing Race winners and don't recognize them anywhere.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I took a whiz next to Tony Dungy at the 1999 Final Four. But we didn't speak so I didn't claim it earlier.

Reaction Score
I resemble Woody Harrelson, to the point that people periodically ask me for an autograph. When the movie White Man Can’t Jump was released, I played a lot of basketball with a friend who is a dead ringer for Wesley Snipes. We would get teased, until the ball started bouncing and they could see we could play.

Ha! My Mom owned a Pet Store in Berkshire County years ago and Woody walked in and asked us to use the phone. She didn't realize who he was and literally tore into the poor dude. She was having a bad day. This was *literally* right around the time White Men Can't Jump came out and EVERYONE knew who he was. Except my mother, of course....

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Jerry Tarkanian and Sonny Vaccaro in a breakfast place at the 2000 FF in Indy. Gave the Tark my Sunday paper to enjoy over his frittata.

Reaction Score
Oliver H Lowry (Scientist)
Sid Altman (Nobel Prize winner)

Stanley Johnson (Pistons)

Hulk Hogan
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
Ivan Putski
and a bunch of other old-time wrestlers (at Mike Katz's original World Gym East)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ivan Putski
I saw Ivan Putski wrestle Jesse The Body at Stamford High on Polish Night. Guess who won? But The Body deserved it, he only had one move; choking Putski with the tag team rope that just happened to be attached one match too early

Reaction Score
I saw Ivan Putski wrestle Jesse The Body at Stamford High on Polish Night. Guess who won? But The Body deserved it, he only had one move; choking Putski with the tag team rope that just happened to be attached one match too early
Oh yeah, The Body was another one that worked out at the same gym once in a while. Hogan was always joking around while Putski was very serious, and didn't say much. The Somoans came in on occasion. I met the Barbarian twins when I went to URI for a couple years. They were nuts.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Met Mariano Rivera and his son when he visited my college for a recruiting visit. He flew in from a personal helicopter. Played golf with him earlier this summer as well.

Reaction Score
Michael Jordan
Robin Williams
Lionel Richie
Elizabeth Taylor
Liza Minelli
Elton John
Anne Hathaway
Barry Bonds
Terrell Suggs
Most importantly...Ray, Jimmy C and all the 1995 UConn Men's and Women's teams.
many more...I worked a the Ellen Degeneres Show and also a popular clothing store in LA that celebrities came to very frequently so there were many. We forget, they're just regular people that everyone else makes big by inflating their egos. Elton John was awful

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Dick Butkus (all pro, not real socialble)
You really think you had to explain who Butkus is? ;) And I don't really think he likes anybody.

Sat by Meryl Streep and Carrie Fischer on a plane to Chicago once. Carrie was very weird, probably on something, kept running to the bathroom. Helped them get their luggage out of the overhead. When we got off the plane they were wearing sunglasses and hats, hardly any makeup. Followed them through O'Hare until we got to our gate, nobody noticed who they were.

When I was very young (like 7??), I got an autograph from Mrs. Babe Ruth. Don't remember if we talked or not though.

Razor Ramon (Scott Hall), WWF wrestler from years ago. Did an MDA thing with my son. Nice enough, but in character the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom