Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Dr. J (Friendly, and with the biggest hand I've ever shaken)
Roone Arledge (A bit full of himself)
Elia Kazan (Super nice guy)
Geraldo Rivera (Total buttwipe)
Jane Curtin (She was walking her dog next to a lake I was launching my boat at. I chickened out on saying "Jane, you ignorant nope." I did tell her I was a big SNL fan back when it was still funny, and she said, "Was that when I was still on it?")

And just for @Huskybass, I have stayed at both the late Billy Westmoreland's and the late Tony Bean's houses.

Reaction Score
Some difficulty understanding "most" in this thread.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ive met quite a few famous folks over the years but my favorite was Ray Romano. Played 18 holes with him at the American Century Celeb-Am in Tahoe in July. He was awesome.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Bill Cosby - he was the commencement speaker at my graduation and spoke to me briefly as he shook my hand on stage. Funny dude.

Christian McBride - I was privileged to 'sit in' one night and jam onstage with the legendary bassist. Phenomenal musician. He complimented me and my playing, although I suspect he was just being polite.

Clark Kellogg - dude was a total girlie-dog. Met him during the UConn-PC overtime classic in 1990 at Gampel, and our convo was like:

Me: Hello Mr. Kellogg.
CK: (grunt, look of disdain) Where's the payphone?
Me: Over there.
CK: (grunts, walks away)

Jerk...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Adrian Dantley at a "Ray of Hope" party Downtown Hartford, "Bar With No Name"... he was using the urinal next to me

Eminem, my daughter and I stalked him out (next morning) after a concert in Hartford, she was able to get on the Tour Bus and he signed an autograph for her. He also had a body double posted up in the lobby (Goodwin Hotel) as he slipped out the side door but was nice enough to come off the bus for the few kids who wanted to see him.

JaRule saw him leaving a hotel in Hartford getting into a Limo... I said "what up Rule?" he looked over and said "what up my n****"

Reaction Score
Dave Cowens
KC Jones
Lou Piniella
KO
LT
Doug Flutie
Ed Harris (actor)

Reaction Score
Ted Kennedy, Willis Reed, Billy Joel, Gary Carter, Fred Lynn, Jimmy Calhoun, Emeka Okafor, Marcus Haynes, Roland Martin, Kevin Vandam, Jimmy Houston, Jackie Bradley, Jr., Diana Taurasi.

I guess out of all of those Billy Joel is probably the most famous.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Passed Bill Walton while leaving a hotel in Philly, exchanged brief greetings...
Passed Fred Couples while entering a hotel outside DC, exchanged greeting...
Met Daniel Snyder and talked for a while...I was helping to care for a relative of his in the ICU...also spoke to a few Redskins...
Took care of a few Senators and Congressmen while they were admitted to Bethesda...
Met General Austin and presented some of our medical capabilities to him, last year when he was Commander of CENTCOM ..
Met Admiral Mike Mullen (Chairman of Joint Chiefs) when he was visiting patients at Balboa...
Shook hands with Adam West and Leonard Nimoy at Comic-Con...

Reaction Score
George W. Bush (down to earth guy)
Earl Campbell (nice guy, made time for everyone)
Darrel K. Royal (legendary longhorn coach, 2 nc's, a real gentleman)
Doug English (all pro with the lions in the 70's, very friendly, nice guy)
Louie Kelcher (all pro with chargers in 70's, huge hands)
Jerry Sisemore (all pro with eagles in the 70's, nice guy)
Willie Pep (boxing Legend, when I was a kid on an international flight)
Dick Butkus (all pro, not real socialble)
Rennie Stennett (played with the Pirates in the 70's, taught us some baseball skills)
Bill Schoening (voice of the Spurs, real outgoing and nice guy)
my Grandpa (Retired Detective Captain for the Hartford PD many, many years ago)

Reaction Score
I don't live a life anywhere near as exciting as a lot of you but I was in Boston for the Ray vs Ben Celtics/Bulls series and ran into Howie D at a bar right near the garden, he's not that famous but I had to give a mention, and to Travis Knight at a charity event, both were gracious and talkative once they heard I was a die-hard.

Saw Alonzo Mourning at the airport maybe 15 years ago, gave him a subtle "Zo..... Zo" and he reacted, was a total dick, I didn't make a scene or reveal to anyone else that he was famous, he was laying low. Got a nice photo with a clearly annoyed Zo

I was on vacation in Poland over the summer and Skrillex sat down 2 tables behind us, but we didn't talk to him because some dancer chick was annoying the hell out of him already. (he's a world famous DJ to the olds in the building)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Rita Moreno flirted with me in a hotel elevator. Really impressed my date at the time. To this day the EGOT winner is still the best wingman I ever had.

Reaction Score
I don't really know who would be the "most" famous. I've had some odd conversations over the years.

I speak to Pirates' FO (Hurdle, Huntington, Coonelly, Nutting) every year.
Nomar (across aisle on a flight from Dallas after he injured his arm vs Texas)
Bob Novak (bizarre conversation about Scott Peterson case on a plane)
Jim Carville (often spoke at a grocery in Alexandria)
George Will (conversation about Mussina trade morning after it happened at a National Airport bookstore)
Ed Rendell (his photo op at our store to "support local businesses")
Dick Durbin (epic half hour baseball conversation with a sprinkling of Obamacare thrown in during campaign stop at our store, love this guy)
George H.W. Bush & Brent Scowcroft (at Cape Arundel GC while they were getting ready to drive to first tee and we were held hostage by Secret Service. Amusing guy, that Bush. But the SS guys were a real scream.)

Odd thing is, I've never been in politics.

I left out the politicians but I met a bunch of them when I was dealing with an international trade issue at my old job. Lieberman, Dodd, Chris Shays, Rob Portman, Mark Pryor.

Reaction Score
Ronnie James Dio (had dinner at my house)
Tommy John
Willie Upshaw
Chris Smith (often, plays golf at the club where I work)
Ryan Gomes
Jim Calhoun
George Blaney
Joe Walsh
Mark Bavaro
Redd Foxx (sat and talked with him in Vegas for half hour, nicest guy)

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Bob Backlund

Bob Backlund came up and introduced himself to ME this summer.(long story, but he was doing a book signing at a festival I was playing at) I marked out big time. I was a huge wrestling and Backlund fan as a kid and the fact that he went out of his way to seek me out and tell me he enjoyed our music was one of the cooler things that ever happened to me. I then proceeded to bore him by asking questions about his most famous matches for 30 minutes. He was patient and humored me. One of the nicest guys youll ever meet. Dude is still in serious shape too.

I asked him to put me in the cross face chicken wing.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Gordie Howe (and Mark and Marty...Marty was a neighbor in Manchester)
Scott Brown
Howie Carr
Played foosball with Cliff Robinson at Teds.

My wife...who's dad was in the record business, has an epic list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom