Enosch Wolf Question. | The Boneyard

Enosch Wolf Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Is Enosch able to apply for an extra year after his senior season? Similar to what Abromaitis did at Notre Dame. Enosch didn't even play his freshman year, maybe 4 minutes. And his sophomore year I don't remember him playing at all.

We could use an experienced 7 footer down the road.

Reaction Score
Wolf is proving to be a pretty solid player. He plays hard and obviously hasnt had any off-court issues. If thats possible i wouldnt argue. But his fifth yr of eligibility would be the 2014-2015 season?? By that time i would hope Ollie signed a couple big men like we've had in the past, aka NBA prospects and id rather give a scholarship to them instead

Reaction Score
Wolf is proving to be a pretty solid player. He plays hard and obviously hasnt had any off-court issues. If thats possible i wouldnt argue. But his fifth yr of eligibility would be the 2014-2015 season?? By that time i would hope Ollie signed a couple big men like we've had in the past, aka NBA prospects and id rather give a scholarship to them instead

No way would I tell him to move along for an unknown. He'd be a very good player in year 5.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't know, the NCAA gave Marcus Johnson one hell of a hard time when it came to getting an extra year of eligibility after appearing in just one exhibition game.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
who says wolf wont develope into a nba prospect? i'll take that bet right now. kid is in year 2 and he has worked hard on his body post injury he had last year. who says he wont add muscle and jump 2 inches higher, be a bit quicker and work on his game all summer? alter majok got drafted. remember him? nba is all about lenght and potential. wolf is lefty and has a shot that with work could be a very nice hybrid center. i may be reaching right now, but who is to say he doesn't turn into a nba prospect....

Reaction Score
There are two types of redshirts - a medical and a straight redshirt.

A straight redshirt means you don't play - period. If you set foot on the floor for one possession, you can't take a straight redshirt any more. You can only take a medical.

In order to take a medical, you can play in a maximum of 30 percent of your team's games (which is 9 games in a 30-game schedule or 10 for 31 to 33 games), and you cannot play at all in the second half of the season. You also need the medical documentation.

There can be exceptions for things like family emergencies -- where typically you can sit out two games for every one you played and get the year back. Or the Duke lacrosse players got that year back even though they played in a couple games before the season was suspended.

In Wolf's case, he played in the second half of the season both years, so there's no means to apply for a redshirt.

Reaction Score
If he continues to develop as he has, he will be a strong European prospect. He has a long way to go to get on NBA radar. However, as soon as the end of this year he may be contacted by pro teams from back home.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
EW won my heart when he dove for the loose ball. The guy plays with heart. AO never dove for a loose ball.

I love the combo of EW and NG on the floor. They probably speak German to one another and the opposing team loses a half step trying to figure out what they are saying.

I'm optimistic EW can develop and be the center late this season and next season. But it isn't a given. What makes me optimistic is the overall improvement he's made since the start of the season.

Reaction Score
EW won my heart when he dove for the loose ball. The guy plays with heart. AO never dove for a loose ball.

I love the combo of EW and NG on the floor. They probably speak German to one another and the opposing team loses a half step trying to figure out what they are saying.

I'm optimistic EW can develop and be the center late this season and next season. But it isn't a given. What makes me optimistic is the overall improvement he's made since the start of the season.
Great point.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I like Enosh Wolf for many reasons, but the most important that is he wants to win; badly. He waited for 2 years, through a national championship run and a disappointing season not being able to help at all. This kid wants to win and it shows how he hustles and tries to grab rebounds even if their out of his reach.

So if Enosch is granted another year, I would take Enosch over an incoming freshman any day of the year. I wouldn't even think about it. If Enosch never showed up this season we'd probably be 6-5 and Ollie would be coaching somewhere else.

Reaction Score
There's no extra year to grant. He played in the NCAA Tournament as a freshman (vs Bucknell) and played into late February as a sophomore. There's no grounds for a hardship waiver.

Reaction Score
If he continues to develop as he has, he will be a strong European prospect. He has a long way to go to get on NBA radar. However, as soon as the end of this year he may be contacted by pro teams from back home.

While I agree with this, Thabeet kind of changed the rules. Sure he was a better shot blocker, taller and a physical specimen, he had little bball skills and offensive talent. Wolf is better in skills that Thabeet. All I'm saying is that if he grows and develops a few post moves, he will get a look.

That's all he can ask for is a chance. But then it matters what team wants to look at him, their needs and existing roster. Most 7 footers get looks particularly from elite programs. Its about potential and willingness to invest/wait. Next year when we are back on the TV circuit and he improves he will get more exposure. Its up to him, he has the body.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Okwandu got a look from the D-League and he really only came alive in his senior season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom