Enosch Wolf Jumper | The Boneyard

Enosch Wolf Jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His youtube videos showed that he could shoot, granted it was against inferior comp but if college defenses give him space he can knock it down, the only one that was suprising was that turnaround fadeaway. Didn't really understand why the board was calling for Ollie's head because Wolf was shooting and missing a couple of jumpers a week ago, if he's given the space he should be encouraged to shoot, the team needs offensive options besides Bazz & Boat. I'm sure Ollie sees him knock those down with ease everyday in practice.

caw

Reaction Score
His youtube videos showed that he could shoot, granted it was against inferior comp but if college defenses give him space he can knock it down, the only one that was suprising was that turnaround fadeaway. Didn't really understand why the board was calling for Ollie's head because Wolf was shooting and missing a couple of jumpers a week ago, if he's given the space he should be encouraged to shoot, the team needs offensive options besides Bazz & Boat. I'm sure Ollie sees him knock those down with ease everyday in practice.

Right now he is working with more confidence than Olander.

I still want to see it consistently from Wolf. Considering what he was when he came in as a freshman, the transformation has been outstanding. He has improved more than almost any big I can think of, even Hilton's leap wasn't this big. He went from an overweight freshman to a slow sophomore to a decent junior. That said, he still has a long way to go. I wish he had two more years.

The biggest thing Wolf needs to work on is his jumping ability and timing for blocking shots and rebounding.

Still to go from:
Minutes: 26 -> 10 -> 103
Rebounds: 6- -> 6 -> 25
Assists: 0 -> 0 -> 7
Blocks: 0 -> 1 -> 3
Steals: 0 -> 0 -> 3
FG%: 60 -> 25 -> 68
FGA: 5 -> 4 ->25

That's pretty impressive, I didn't expect even that much from him. Shame we aren't in the ACC, Wolf could average double digit points (WF: 12, NCST: 12).

Reaction Score

The offense will only open up if you feed him in the low post, and he can pass out of it. His offense last night was mostly second chances and, really, the turnaround was weird because you had 3 guys on him hacking him. 2nd chance putbacks and the like can only help. They need a low post presence.

Honestly, it seems this team is OK on offensive rebounds. It's the defensive boards that are problematic.

Reaction Score
You don't want your 7 footer doing that fade-away. Still ... his other 15 foot jumper was most impressive. Blocking out, High Post passing & a Jumper: something really is developing with this kid.

Give credit to today's Coaching Staff.

Reaction Score
Plus, as the replay shows, he was getting hacked from all angles. How that wasn't an "and 1"...I don't know. He was aggressive, productive, and confident...a nice combo.
Not sure I want him working too hard on blocking shots though, since his athleticism is limited. I would prefer the Jake Voskuhl style on the defensive end. Move your feet, stay in front of your man, contest the shot without jumping, box out, rebound.

Reaction Score
I feel like Ollie had gotten in their heads and the teams motor has changed in regards to rebounding . I like idea of feeding him and the offense opening up . We need to diversify the offense too much dribble drive and kick. I'm curious to how important Ollie holds watching tape. We still haven't grasped it but we are in games. There seems to be confusion in regards to spacing alot

Reaction Score
Yea I wouldn't mind him getting some low post touches, at his size he should be able to seal his man and with his height and how he holds the ball over his head he should be able to finish because he has shown good touch around the rim. With KO's offense though there is an emphasis on having the bigs operate out of the high post due to their passing and shooting ability when facing up(in regards to Tyler, more like perceived shooting ability). Wolf is going to have the opportunity to shoot when facing up, he should be encouraged to shoot when open.

Reaction Score
Wolf basically does the things Olander does, but did them better last night, and with more credibility on the defensive end (the added size helps).

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I love his emphatic rebounds he smacks with his other hand. Reminds me of a young Jeff Adrien struggling with anger problems.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Except for that turnover during the 4 on 1 fast break.

His lone mistake of the night... he needs more minutes so that he can learn from his mistakes. Kid can ball down low and he is our only true center.

caw

Reaction Score
His lone mistake of the night... he needs more minutes so that he can learn from his mistakes. Kid can ball down low and he is our only true center.

I agree and for a mistake, it actually was the correct move. He was a big on a fastbreak, trying to pass the ball to a guard.

Reaction Score
I give the defender a little bit of credit there, too. He sort of circled around and hid behind one of our other players and then snuck into the passing lane, timing it just right.

Now, if it was in a guard's hands, he would be savvy enough not to throw that one away, but Wolf got caught in no-man's land by dribbling himself into a situation where he couldn't fake a pass (or he would have traveled). Ideally, in hindsight, he'd have picked up his dribble and found an outlet pass off a standstill.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
His youtube videos showed that he could shoot, granted it was against inferior comp

Hell, compared to the YouTube videos of Ater Majok abusing a chair with his skills, wolf looks like magic Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I think this kid is benefiting from Freeman. Freeman could probably still get every rebound vs. Wolf and Olander though.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I give the defender a little bit of credit there, too. He sort of circled around and hid behind one of our other players and then snuck into the passing lane, timing it just right.

Now, if it was in a guard's hands, he would be savvy enough not to throw that one away, but Wolf got caught in no-man's land by dribbling himself into a situation where he couldn't fake a pass (or he would have traveled). Ideally, in hindsight, he'd have picked up his dribble and found an outlet pass off a standstill.
When they showed the play from a different angle it looked like he just got it slightly behind DD and DD couldn't handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom