Enoch | The Boneyard

Enoch

Reaction Score
" It’s obvious that the Louisville staff thinks Enoch deserved more of a shot than he got at UConn, and in 18 months or so we’re going to find out whether or not they were right."

I remain a Enoch cheerleader; but, this phrase is BS. The Truth: Enoch got prime opportunity to showcase his talent, initiative and toughness in UConn 2016-2017 - think of comparable cases over our last 25 years - and he just showed modest production to what could be expected. It's on Steven Enoch. Blame Kevin Ollie? Sure. But imagine what Calhoun would have lit into the guy. And Pitino can't be expected to be kid gloves.

Reaction Score
" It’s obvious that the Louisville staff thinks Enoch deserved more of a shot than he got at UConn, and in 18 months or so we’re going to find out whether or not they were right."

I remain a Enoch cheerleader; but, this phrase is BS. The Truth: Enoch got prime opportunity to showcase his talent, initiative and toughness in UConn 2016-2017 - think of comparable cases over our last 25 years - and he just showed modest production to what could be expected. It's on Steven Enoch. Blame Kevin Ollie? Sure. But imagine what Calhoun would have lit into the guy. And Pitino can't be expected to be kid gloves.
He didn't play D when he was here. I kept waiting for him to improve but it never happened.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Pssst...nobody tell Louisville fans that those numbers don't mean squat.

From one year ago:
As for the basketball: Enoch played well, averaging 17.3 points, 15.2 rebounds and two blocks in the team’s six games, which were played at Melina Merkouri Indoor Hall in Chalkida, Greece....

Enoch shot 39.4 percent from the floor and 74.2 percent from the foul line. In his last two games, he hit all 12 of his free throws. His best game came in a consolation game against Estonia, in which he poured in 30 points to go with 15 rebounds, two assists and a block.

UConn’s Steve Enoch enjoyed Armenian experience

Reaction Score
Steve can put up numbers if used in the right way in a system that uses Bigs. Maybe not great competition but he is being productive and you have to like his foul shooting, rebounding and efficiency.

New Louisville big man Steven Enoch among stat leaders at European Championship
Perhaps then he should stay in Armenia. In a time of position less basketball, that leaves Steve without a position. Sure, he would have been a fine player 30 years ago, but he is way to slow and methodical to be effective in today's game. I know the boneyard is making him out to be the next Shaq, but most objective observers will tell you he is a far from it. If he gets on the floor at Louisville, I would expect similar lines to what we already saw.

Reaction Score
Enoch always seemed to have a bad attitude when I was at games the past two seasons. He muttered things under his breath, and Ollie would frequently pull him aside for a talk. I dont think performance was the only problem.

Reaction Score
I was a guy who thought he'd be the guy we needed in the middle. If anything he trended backwards last year only showing a glimmer of hope a couple of games on offense. He is/was dreadful on defense, made AB and KF look like they knew what they were doing on help D and he can't move his feet. Whatever he does in 2 years congrats, he earned zero here and hot the minutes he deserved. One of the kids we have here will be better than he would have I am sure.

Next

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Enoch always seemed to have a bad attitude when I was at games the past two seasons. He muttered things under his breath, and Ollie would frequently pull him aside for a talk. I dont think performance was the only problem.
Saw the same thing many times also at practices I watched he and Durham were doing a lot of screwing around and clowning.

Reaction Score
He will be serviceable as a player for LCC. The extra sit-out year will help him. Needed Calhoun's hard edge to make it with us.:(:(

Reaction Score
He'll be really good for them. Lots of untapped potential there.

How do you figure? Louisville emphasizes toughness and defense, neither which Enoch has any of. Will barely see the court with them.

Reaction Score
Do you realize he did the same thing last summer for them?

Exactly. Doesn't change anything. Durham and Vance will have great careers. Enoch I don't see. Louisville could not be a worse fit.

Reaction Score
He will be serviceable as a player for LCC. The extra sit-out year will help him. Needed Calhoun's hard edge to make it with us.:(:(

Or with JC's "hard edge" he may have never seen the court. Could have been either way for him with JC although he's not the brightest on court player and that would have driven JC crazy.

C

Chief00

In my view he did not have a prime opportunity - no orthodox S&C coach and a Bigs coach assigned by lottery since their was no Bigs coach on the staff.

C

Chief00

Or with JC's "hard edge" he may have never seen the court. Could have been either way for him with JC although he's not the brightest on court player and that would have driven JC crazy.

LOL about JC's patience

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom