Enoch is transferring | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Wish him the best of luck, but we were committed to tossing the ball to Brimah on the block 5 or 6 times a game even with terrible results. It's a shame Enoch didn't see that and think "man this is really going to work for me."

Also worth noting that our best run of form last season was the 3 weeks when Facey was a legit post threat, so I kind of reject the notion that we run a guard-centric system. If we'd had better big men, we'd have gone to the post a TON more than we already did. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Wish the young man nothing but the best, and I'd rather have him than not next year because I don't know that we have a better option.

But do I stick with my looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane analysis? That would be totally fair even if he was coming back to UConn.

Reaction Score
Wish the young man nothing but the best, and I'd rather have him than not next year because I don't know that we have a better option.

But do I stick with my looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane analysis? That would be totally fair even if he was coming back to UConn.

Kinda like the legal term:

Res judicata "a matter (already) judged..."

Fair enough time will tell.

Reaction Score
I was thinking what about Seton Hall? Delgado on the fence about declaring. If he stays he bangs against Delgado for a year and then moves in after he leaves??

Reaction Score
This is an interesting exchange. 1964 Dodgers (Koufax and Drysdale) beat the vaunted NY Yankees offense

In 1964, the Yankees lost to the Cardinals (and then fired Yogi Berra to hire the Cardinals' manager) in their last World Series until 1976

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope it works out well for him, wish he had stayed. If playing time was the issue, I wonder when he raised it? I noticed that late in the year, Ollie stopped splitting time between Durham and Enoch, and Enoch got almost all the minutes as reserve C. I found that a bit odd, because, if anything, I saw a bit more in Durham's overall game.
Noticed that too. His father must have been complaining. When you look back UCONN did a lot for Enoch. They got him on the Armenian National Team and they him gave him minutes that Durham should have gotten. I thought that after having that international experience he would improved the way Giffey did.
FWIW
2016-17 UConn Huskies Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com
- Enoch had the lowest Offensive rating on the team by far.
- Had the lowest win shares per 4o minutes.
- His offensive box plus or minus (-6.1 it should be positive) was the lowest on the team
Statistically he was a below average player and least productive player on the team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Noticed that too. His father must have been complaining. When you look back UCONN did a lot for Enoch. They got him on the Armenian National Team and they him gave him minutes that Durham should have gotten. I thought that after having that international experience he would improved the way Giffey did..

'Could' have gotten. Not 'should' have gotten. Having Durham play less minutes was a good idea. The number 1 goal for JD this year was to not get injured while dipping his toe in the water, by far. After having a couple years off from Bball, playing less minutes was ideal. I don't think it would have helped his development appreciably to get more minutes this year -> too tentative, reaction time subpar, getting his legs under him, etc etc

Reaction Score
Want to take the high road, but this move really annoys me.

When's the last time we've had a Connecticut HS grad play out 4 years at UConn? Austrie?

Reaction Score
Noticed that too. His father must have been complaining. When you look back UCONN did a lot for Enoch. They got him on the Armenian National Team and they him gave him minutes that Durham should have gotten. I thought that after having that international experience he would improved the way Giffey did.
FWIW
2016-17 UConn Huskies Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com
- Enoch had the lowest Offensive rating on the team by far.
- Had the lowest win shares per 4o minutes.
- His offensive box plus or minus (-6.1 it should be positive) was the lowest on the team
Statistically he was a below average player and least productive player on the team.

Ironically, his defensive rating was good when compared to the rest of the team.

Reaction Score
Enoch played 350 minutes to Brimah's 800 plus. He was not a focus of the offense because he was in as a foul trouble stopgap. Not that fair to compare him with Brimah and Facey with limited play even when broken down proportionally in those categories. I would have liked to see the kid get 30 minutes for 5 games straight to just see, but KO did not want that. Remember we were in a push for .....

Reaction Score
Want to take the high road, but this move really annoys me.

When's the last time we've had a Connecticut HS grad play out 4 years at UConn? Austrie?

This move? Exactly what move did the school make? Fail to drug and kidnap him to keep him here?

Olander and Austrie both played out full careers here. What is the implied laundry list of kids from CT leaving early? And you hopefully aren't referring to Dougie Wiggins, because it's not like we were eating our hearts out about how he developed after he left.

Reaction Score
Enoch played 350 minutes to Brimah's 800 plus. He was not a focus of the offense because he was in as a foul trouble stopgap. Not that fair to compare him with Brimah and Facey with limited play even when broken down proportionally in those categories. I would have liked to see the kid get 30 minutes for 5 games straight to just see, but KO did not want that. Remember we were in a push for .....
lol @ thinking he would even be able to stay on the court for 30 minutes for 5 straight games.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This move? Exactly what move did the school make? Fail to drug and kidnap him to keep him here?

Olander and Austrie both played out full careers here. What is the implied laundry list of kids from CT leaving early? And you hopefully aren't referring to Dougie Wiggins, because it's not like we were eating our hearts out about how he developed after he left.

This all goes back to Ryan Gomes.

Reaction Score
lol @ thinking he would even be able to stay on the court for 30 minutes for 5 straight games.
Yeah because Brimah never fouled and stayed out there so well. Enoch was supposed to be about development this year, especially once the injuries happened and our season was going nowhere.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Yeah because Brimah never fouled and stayed out there so well. Enoch was supposed to be about development this year, especially once the injuries happened and our season was going nowhere.
He also had stress fractures in his legs during the season - that probably limited both his minutes and his mobility. Now, you could argue that he should have built himself up during the summer so his legs were ready to hit the ground running (so to speak;)). But nonetheless, that caused him to miss a few games and then limited his time and activity on his return.

Reaction Score

Did you not see Enoch's foul issues? Given the fact that you can't even tell how poorly he played when he was on the court, I'm not exactly sure what you see out there.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He also had stress fractures in his legs during the season - that probably limited both his minutes and his mobility. Now, you could argue that he should have built himself up during the summer so his legs were ready to hit the ground running (so to speak;)). But nonetheless, that caused him to miss a few games and then limited his time and activity on his return.

Stress fracture was probably from over working. So basically, he should have spent half the summer on the couch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom