Enjoying This Team, Optimistic for Future | The Boneyard

Enjoying This Team, Optimistic for Future

Reaction Score
A wide variety of threads have justifiably been presented that express many shared frustrations regarding the current team. Flaws aside, I find myself enjoying the hustle and fight the guys are bringing. I attribute the change in on-court attitude to Hurley and his staff and for me, it is fun (and at times frustrating) to watch. Regarding the future, Hurley has three top 100 recruits committed, spring signings may bring additional quality to the roster, and this in his first year of working to turn around a dumpster fire. So I am optimistic that continued quality coaching, enthusiasm and intensity combined with a steady pipeline of top 100 athletes and I believe we will return to a perennial Sweet 16 program. Thoughts? Can Hurley sustain over the long term?

Reaction Score
I believe he can. The fact that no one left, and he has so far 3 top 100 recruits in a short span of time, I find that quite Impressive. The guys seem to like him and have bought in to his method of playing. The team is sure a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

Reaction Score
A wide variety of threads have justifiably been presented that express many shared frustrations regarding the current team. Flaws aside, I find myself enjoying the hustle and fight the guys are bringing. I attribute the change in on-court attitude to Hurley and his staff and for me, it is fun (and at times frustrating) to watch. Regarding the future, Hurley has three top 100 recruits committed, spring signings may bring additional quality to the roster, and this in his first year of working to turn around a dumpster fire. So I am optimistic that continued quality coaching, enthusiasm and intensity combined with a steady pipeline of top 100 athletes and I believe we will return to a perennial Sweet 16 program. Thoughts? Can Hurley sustain over the long term?
I am more bullish on the long term future of the program. In just a few years UConns yearly goals will be final fours. Hurley has said as much.

I’m really happy with how successful our recruiting has been so far under Hurley. I think it will continue to get better as Hurley produces winning seasons and tournament runs.

When K retires and Cal makes another run at the NBA I think a lot of the one and dones will end up playing for NYC’s team (UConn) and for Penny (Memphis).

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I hope the one and dones are done, no more of them.
One of the main reasons I love college basketball is watching the boys turn into men. I love watching them develop. Like Kemba from freshman year, showing flashes of brilliance, growing into one of the greatest college players ever. And Rip, EO, Taliek, Bazz, Boat.......

Reaction Score
I hope the one and dones are done, no more of them.
One of the main reasons I love college basketball is watching the boys turn into men. I love watching them develop. Like Kemba from freshman year, showing flashes of brilliance, growing into one of the greatest college players ever. And Rip, EO, Taliek, Bazz, Boat..
If a one and done decides to spend his year at UCONN what do you think the chances of the coach rejecting him are? 0.0000 I don't want an entire Calipari team of them but I certainly would be happy getting 1 per year to mix in the brew. It's not something we should be worrying about because it's going to be rare.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
And I remember the old days when freshman were not allowed to play on the varsity team. Kareem, then Lou Alcinder, did not play for UCLA varsity his freshman year, he played for the JVs.

Basketball-playing kids grow up much faster now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom