End of Season Pressers | The Boneyard

End of Season Pressers

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Losing sucks, and when you’re a great player, losing really, really sucks......:(

I think Crystal is taking it harder than most because as a PG, you are supposed to figure things out for your team. But I am sure she will soon get some good global perspective and be happy with all her accomplishments.

Does Pheesa or Crystal have international duties?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I think Crystal is taking it harder than most because as a PG, you are supposed to figure things out for your team. But I am sure she will soon get some good global perspective and be happy with all her accomplishments.

Does Pheesa or Crystal have international duties?

Crystal is taking the international season off and Napheesa is headed to Hatay in Turkey.

Reaction Score
No shame here, the Lynx were simply beaten by a better team and frankly better players. I don't see how the outcome could have been any different over the course of a series between these two teams this season.

The real tragedy for Crystal continues to be that she didn't have an opportunity to play in the NCAA tournament in her senior year, just as she and her team were peaking. But rookie of the year and pilot of a WNBA semi-final team... she can hold her head high!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Crystal's answers were interesting. She was obviously disappointed, but really had no answers for some of the questions other than "I have no idea". I get she was disappointed but would liked to have seen her be a bit more engaging with the press.

Pheesa on the other hand was much more engaging. Incredibly well spoken. It is great seeing them in different situations now that they are graduated. Pheesa is going to be a superstar. I think she improved leaps and bounds just this season. As did Crystal (series vs. Seattle notwithstanding)...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! Crystal is quiet, down, and pissed!

I sense she is really craving a championship. Will USA Basketball give her a serious look?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa is a bit more sanguine. Pretty funny how she keeps referring to Stewie as a good player and not a great player.

I think there was something personal there, not in a bad way. Phee knows Stewie is a great player, but thinks she can play at the same level. Stewie knows that Phee is a great player, but still thinks of herself as the best in the world. When Phee blocked Stewie's shots, Stewie blamed herself for showing the ball to soon and said she can and would fix that. I think we'll see friendly competition between them for the next decade.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow! Crystal is quiet, down, and pissed!

I sense she is really craving a championship. Will USA Basketball give her a serious look?

Like MJ, internalize your disappointment and make it your fuel to improve

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom