Emmitt Matthews vs. Texas Tech | The Boneyard

Emmitt Matthews vs. Texas Tech

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I agree he needed to score 38 pts and get 10 rebs instead of 8 in a do or die game vs. the best defense in the country in order to impress me. Freshman should be held to a higher standard. Nothing to see here guys.

Talking about his performance in one game does nothing to address husky429's point regarding his year-long performance.

Reaction Score
Happy for the individuals but bite me this is UConn BB. Get with the CURRENT PROGRAM we got a W today.

Seriously when we win we should not be talking about former recruits - Jeseus

Get a life or a new team.

Bleed Blue[/QUOTE

Huh? Kid wanted to bleed blue we elected to push him away. Nice game for the kid very happy for him. One of 2 things: just a lucky game for him or Huggy didnt recognize what he had. It’s not the only coach who had this happen what about Self? Has that kid who hadn’t played a minute all year and was to redshirt (#35?) but with Vick gone and injuries had to let him play and is averaging 15/6 in about 12-15 games.

Happy for Emmitt liked his game.

Reaction Score
Myles Powell and the Hall are killing him and G'town.

Powell with 24 so far in the first half, he'll always be the one who got away.

Love his game. That guy is enough to make the difference in them being in the dance or not he is fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I've seen him a few times for a few minutes and he looks as if he'll be a player. Give him time. He's a freshman that got to play a lot the second half of the season because Huggins threw two guys off the team.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
WVU has been playing a lot better once Jordan McCabe started getting starters minutes. He’s pretty fun to watch.

Matthews had a great game tonight, couldn’t miss. He’s struggled all year though. They’ll be bounced tomorrow.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
WVU has been playing a lot better once Jordan McCabe started getting starters minutes. He’s pretty fun to watch.

Matthews had a great game tonight, couldn’t miss. He’s struggled all year though. They’ll be bounced tomorrow.

He’s actually been playing well for a couple of weeks - he’s getting 25-ish minutes a game and has made the most of it.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Talking about his performance in one game does nothing to address husky429's point regarding his year-long performance.
Maybe, but he is a freshman. This is probably a better indication of what he can be as a soph and junior than his earlier lack of production.

Why do we not think players can be more than they at first are?

C

Chief00

I've seen him a few times for a few minutes and he looks as if he'll be a player. Give him time. He's a freshman that got to play a lot the second half of the season because Huggins threw two guys off the team.
I agree, he was a Blaze era recruit and I always liked his upside shooting potential. I recognize his stats have been disappointing his first year but I think there’s a decent player there to develop.

Reaction Score
Looked good yesterday. Part of the reason he hadn’t played much was his defense. He going to be good though. Probably will have a better college career than SW. Since we’re here Vance J had a huge game yesterday. It’s a shame Our last coach couldn’t manage and develop his players because he was able to recruit some talent.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Yeah our freshman have blown his stats out of the water this year...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Stain - he has been taking advantage of the time he has been given
Look at what he has done since been in the roitation
If you look at his HS and AAU games the kid can flat out play
Huggie loves this kid and rightfully so
Would love to have him again in Storrs - he would have helped a lot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members