Emmert's Revenge = 1 vs. Academics = - 4 | The Boneyard

Emmert's Revenge = 1 vs. Academics = - 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

What's interesting is that despite all of the complete phoney Mark Emmert's talk about putting the new APR rule into effect to improve academics - the net result is that at UConn it meant that two guys go into the NBA draft instead of one - trust me on that - and 2-3 other guys disrupt their academics path and transfer schools to play in post season basketball - As usual - Great job Mr. Emmert.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Here's another angle I haven't seen posted here before: By punishing UCONN with a post season ban and causing transfers and our inability to sign any recruits, the NCAA is depriving several (at least) kids (and probably underprivileged at that) the opportunity of an education. Nice going NCAA.....it's all about education, right??

Wouldn't make sense to punish the university with a monetary fine to be used toward general scholarships or something to actually benefit someone instead of hurting the university and denying kids a chance to go to school?

This is my biggest beef with this whole crappy situation. It's all about vindictiveness on the NCAA's part. Look what they did to UNLV. They went from a powerhouse in the early 90's and still 20 years later they are a shell of their former selves. Once the NCAA sets their sights on you, you're toast.

Reaction Score
This is something I've been wondering about also. Why not ban the head coach from appearing in the postseason instead of the entire team? Or have the offending school forgo any financial gain from appearing in the tournament? Or would that put too much of a focus on money instead of "academics."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom