Emmanuel Dowuona (C) | The Boneyard

Emmanuel Dowuona (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
We've been on this kid for a while, as has most of the non-Tobacco Road segment of the ACC. He's pretty fun.

He plays in a VERY good league and has apparently exceeded expectations this season for a kid still new to the game. I've seen him listed at either 6-foot-10 or 6-foot-11, and with a 7-foot-3 wingspan, so he's about Durham's size.

A couple of folks I've talked to seem to think he'll be 2018's Wenyen Gabriel – a raw kid who starts off as an unknown, but ends up as a true 5-star by the middle of his senior year.

Reaction Score
Maxpreps has him at 14pt 10 rebounds and 5 blocks a game. That's not bad considering his ranking and the apparent comp.

Seems like you're the only insider who's been in the loop for our recruitment of this guy. Let's hope you're right!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Who's been telling you this?
I'm sorry but I can't say that. If they want to write a column, they're welcome to.

Also, just for clarity at the top: "we've been on him for a while" just meant we were the earliest "big" school to offer him, back in the summer. Since then he's started to get much more traction, and much more interest. I'm under the impression that we're recruiting other 2018 bigs (including Shittu, Moses Brown, etc) harder, but Dowuona is still on our radar for obvious reasons. But it's not like I'm talking to anyone from the staff.

Make sense?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but I can't say that. If they want to write a column, they're welcome to.

Also, just for clarity at the top: "we've been on him for a while" just meant we were the earliest "big" school to offer him, back in the summer. Since then he's started to get much more traction, and much more interest. I'm under the impression that we're recruiting other 2018 bigs (including Shittu, Moses Brown, etc) harder, but Dowuona is still on our radar for obvious reasons. But it's not like I'm talking to anyone from the staff.

Make sense?
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member